Tuner / Warranty / Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the 5* 93 performance tune and I took a trip to the mid west where there was no 93 so I had to go back to stock.. and damn wasn't it depressing. Driving stock after driving with a tune is no fun. To me, it's definitely worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be patient and catch a sale, I got a 5* for about $50 if memory serves me correct. I have the SVC tune as well, 5* shifts WAY harder than SVC. Some say it "abuses" the transmissions and don't like the 5*.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Be patient and catch a sale, I got a 5* for about $50 if memory serves me correct. I have the SVC tune as well, 5* shifts WAY harder than SVC. Some say it "abuses" the transmissions and don't like the 5*.

What 5* tune do you have that's shifts hard? Mine doesn't shift hard at all, but that 93 performance is all I run

aR4CE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info- I'm leaning towards the 5*, just need to find where to get it.

Is it plug and play or am I going to be messing with custom a/f and shift points all the time?

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plug and play (u can mess with tpms tire size shift firmness etc if u choose) I went directly through Mike @ 5*

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have an SCT tuner yet?

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Plug and play (u can mess with tpms tire size shift firmness etc if u choose) I went directly through Mike @ 5*

Can I adjust tire size myself on the X4? I didn't touch any buttons lol, didn't want to screw anything up but I did go to a true 35" tire. I'm sure it makes a minute difference but still..

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tunes and ford extended warranties

Yes you can u need to find the specs from the manufacture for the rotation per mile and insert that on the x4 I have 37s and my speedo is accurate. Actually more accurate than when I had the stock totes stock tune ha

Sorry "revs" per mile

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh I gotcha, I'll look my my toyo specs and plug it in then. Thanks man