TrXus MT's ruled the snow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearClaw

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We did a Raptor Run in CT recently with 20 trucks having various tire types and I have to say the one truck with TrXus MT's ruled the day and the trail. There was 18 to 24" of slushy snow over icy hard pack. We spent most of the day recovering trucks and I was impressed that the truck running the Trxus tires had little or no issues. So much so, that we made him break trail and assist in many of the recoveries.

We had BFG's, Nito's, Toyo's and Goodyear tires also on the trail, none compared in these conditions.

I was looking for a good snow tire and I have now found one.

Has anyone run these (35") on stock rims? Any rub?

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure they worked well but would probably give more credit to the driver. Not a magic tire.

OP
OP
BearClaw

BearClaw

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't disagree on the driver plays a big part. I have driven in a lot of deep snow and technique and experience does play a big part. However, equipment does make a difference and considering the number of trucks and experienced snow drivers, I must say this tire made a difference. How much is the question that all could raise relative to all of the opinions about tire performance out there. As opposed to reading reviews - after watching this trucks' performance, compared to 19 others, I must say there was a definite tire advantage.

Also, Sharpertouch, who was running these tires had run stock BFG's before and had nothing but good things to say about the TrXus MT's.

Attachments

• TrXus MT.jpg
    TrXus MT.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 93
  • TrXus MT2.jpg
    TrXus MT2.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 83

sharpertouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Jim. Thanks for the pm. I'm at work right now but I'll definitely add to the discussion a bit later.
Rudy

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

scarrjack

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was anyone running Goodyear Duratrac's? Heard they are good on the snow/ice. I will be in the market for some tires before next winter.

Wvraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran these on a lifted Tacoma years back. They were awesome. When they are new they are actually even great as a daily driver. All the siping makes them do very well in rain also. Once they wear a little they became pretty loud but your not gonna find a better mud tire that can perform in the white stuff.

Are these load range D? I was running C's on my Taco in a 35, but it may have actually been a 315-75/16. Can't remember.

OP
OP
BearClaw

BearClaw

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran these on a lifted Tacoma years back. They were awesome. When they are new they are actually even great as a daily driver. All the siping makes them do very well in rain also. Once they wear a little they became pretty loud but your not gonna find a better mud tire that can perform in the white stuff.

Are these load range D? I was running C's on my Taco in a 35, but it may have actually been a 315-75/16. Can't remember.

I will have to let Sharpertouch answer that.