True Duel Exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
explain to me what exactly a cam does, and how i put it on...
Since we have SOHC (Single Overhead Cam) engines with two banks, you have two camshafts. The cam controls when, how fast and how far the valves in the engine open and close.

Installing one is not for the inexperienced or first time mechanic, especially on this engine. All of the engine accessories as well as the front cover would have to come off. Currently, there is only one aftermarket cam in the works (Livernois) that does not require new pistons, but does require new valve springs (if I recall correctly). Do it wrong, and you will wind up with bent valves and possibly damaged pistons, requiring the top end of the engine to be torn down. A new tune will be needed to get the most out of a cam swap and depending on the cam, the engine may not run without it.

I mean no offense when I say this, but if you are asking what a camshaft is, I would definitely pay a reputable shop to swap them out.

Here is a thread showing a cam swap at Livernois:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f76/livernois-motorsports-6-2l-raptor-cam-swap-results-10509/

would ford put it on? and is it bad for the truck?

Ford might be willing to do the work, but they will not be able to do the tune. If the work is done correctly, it will not hurt the engine, but your engine warranty is gone.

You will pick up some power, probably not noticeable though. They might, but it will void your engine warranty. Find a place that does engine work like a dyno shop or something and have them do it. Still voids the warranty but will be cheaper than ford doing it.
You will DEFINITELY notice a cam swap. Picking up 35 RWHP is a nice gain.

would a true dual and headers void the warentee?
It would void the warranty on the exhaust system only.

OP
OP
BubbaRaptor

BubbaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! and yes, none taken haha I wouldn't touch my car with these inexperienced hands. i would pay any sort of money to have it done right. I think I might just go with a SW true dual, performance stuff

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I really want my truck to sound like an old muscle car and have that low throaty popping noise in idle, and loud. would true duel exhaust and headers do that? i have a flow master muffler now, sounds awesome, but not my dream sound.

Just pull # 7 plug wire. Baba lump, baba lump. HAhahaaaaaaa. I garauntee it will also pop at rpm! HAhahaaaa.

BDRAG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oRoarke