GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmythehead

Reaction score
Picked mine up from dealer today. Thing is awesome. Had 20 miles on it when I picked it up. Drove it about 65 miles today. 801a + a few options including spray in bedliner. Built 1/10. Showed up at dealer over the weekend.

Nice truck, i do like the look of the ruby red

96LT4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled the CF off of mine as well after my dealer told me the same thing. Not worth it in my opinion. Rather have the truck.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got called last Monday and was told if I pulled the CF, I would get the truck quick. I was pissed because of all the ******** back and forth, but agreed to pull it. I got word yesterday my truck is built and going to transport so it will be here next Friday. **** me. Now they want me to pay for the truck. Nerve.

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a call from my dealer that the bead locks are a constraint item. Okay, I've been hearing that on the forums, but first official word for me. I have mixed emotions on the matter. First, I'm just so happy that I actually got a call related to some potential movement of my order (OMG, it's real!) after 4.5 months; secondly, I'm bummed that I'm spending $65K before taxes and fees and can't order my truck with the optional off road wheels; and, lastly, if I remove the bead locks I believe that my order will change to the new pricing schedule, which is like being punched in the gut (no bead locks) and then kicked in the nuts (now we're going to charge you $635 more cuz you changed your order). I asked what kind of delay it may be if I wait and he said 2-3 months. But, who knows? And, which of my other options might go to a constraint item if I wait...

So, I guess I could do aftermarket wheels, but I don't know what the hell I'm doing there and don't want to order something that is going to screw up the functionality of the truck (e.g., too much offset and the tires hit the fenders - or something like that). Damn Ford Co, wreckin' my vision.

iumbastu

Reaction score
I got the call about CF and beadlock last week as well. After sitting on the sidelines for a little over two months, I reluctantly agreed to remove both.

I got the call today that I'm scheduled for production on the 13th of February. With a bit of luck I may actually see the truck before the end of March..!

As I'm not a fan of the aluminum wheels - what's the consensus on best alternatives? Methods 311 / VEX in black matte...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

R-Raptor

Reaction score
New to the forum, just placed an order Jan 12, current dealer has allocations so I'm playing the waiting game too. Unfortunately I wasn't able to add the Carbon Fiber or the forge wheels. Pretty disappointed but I'd rather have the truck asap then wait for those items. Dealer told me about 2-4 weeks before they pick up the order and then roughly 4-8wks for the build to arrive. Was wondering if that's pretty accurate?