GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmercer3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think some of you are not giving ford enough credit. The entire dearborn plant can produce these trucks in droves... its not like a lariat, not a lot of blue collar folks willing to shell out 70k for a toy (which is essentially what this truck is). Yes, they are selling all allocations, but they make a certain number of allocations for a reason. We have videos of lots full of raptors... I expect the July orders were just way to early. Now that production is actually going, 2-3 month wait should be expected imo.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think some of you are not giving ford enough credit. The entire dearborn plant can produce these trucks in droves... its not like a lariat, not a lot of blue collar folks willing to shell out 70k for a toy (which is essentially what this truck is). Yes, they are selling all allocations, but they make a certain number of allocations for a reason. We have videos of lots full of raptors... I expect the July orders were just way to early. Now that production is actually going, 2-3 month wait should be expected imo.

During this entire messed up process what has ford done to prove your confidence? More negatives than positives thus far, if the truck didn't have a cult following this could have been one of the worst launches in product history.

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
During this entire messed up process what has ford done to prove your confidence? More negatives than positives thus far, if the truck didn't have a cult following this could have been one of the worst launches in product history.

i am with you on the level of frustration, but if you think this is the worst launch ever, you are delusional. Not trying to be rude here.

dmercer3

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i just dropped more money for a vehicle than I thought I EVER would... so please ford... take your time. Gives me more time to save for the down payment. I hope to enjoy this thing for 6-8 years before even considering selling it. So please, ford, take your time and build it RIGHT!

A2Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You must not have ordered a focus RS some took over a year to get there cars. They also had to wait for them to be shipped from Germany.

Also some people were given fake allocations by Ford Dealers and didn't even get one.

Seems the Raptor is less limited and they will be built eventually.

But yeah Ford could at least have some sort of better system to track and build orders that's for sure.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must not have ordered a focus RS some took over a year to get there cars. They also had to wait for them to be shipped from Germany.

Also some people were given fake allocations by Ford Dealers and didn't even get one.

Seems the Raptor is less limited and they will be built eventually.

But yeah Ford could at least have some sort of better system to track and build orders that's for sure.

I'd bet there is some of this going on. Too bad Ford gives us no way to understand if that is actually happening. As I said before, I'll give it another month and if no VIN by then I'll wait for a 2018. I don't want a 2017 months before the 2018'***** the lot.

A2Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Judging by the current Ford F-150 timeline won't the 2018s be built close to the end of year 2017?

I guess time will tell.

I want my truck!

dmercer3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd bet there is some of this going on. Too bad Ford gives us no way to understand if that is actually happening. As I said before, I'll give it another month and if no VIN by then I'll wait for a 2018. I don't want a 2017 months before the 2018'***** the lot.

not likely on the raptor, but if there was going to be a discount/rebate given, it would in fact be in that scenario... delivery months before the 2018'***** that is.

italianhound303

Reaction score
Hello Guys, I am new to the forum but not new to owning a Raptor. I owned a 2014 Roush Raptor for a while and recently traded it for a 2016 Jeep SRT GC to drive until Ford worked out the kinks in the new Raptors. If you look at their website, Ford has pushed back the availability. It used to say available late fall 2016 but now it says late 2016. My dealer hooked me up with a 2017 Raptor SCREW order, my VIN 1FTFW1RG0HFA18988 and it is already confirmed built from Mackenzie on the Ford Chat link. She says they are waiting on Ford release the Raptors. I also used the USAA car buying service and my dealer had to honor my $2,500 off MSRP coupon. That is the only discount I have heard being confirmed for the new Raptors. Anyways I enjoy reading everyones replies and I am in the same boat, waiting on my new beast to hit the dealership. Oh and my build date was 12 OCT according to Ford ETIS.

Nordic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
add location, that may be another piece to the puzzle.

Ordered July 25. Butte Montana.
No build date, vin, or ETA.

status for the last 6 weeks is "processing" or "unscheduled clean."

oxford white SCrew
802A, twin panel roof, hood graphics, carbon fiber, forged wheels, tailgate applique, heated steering wheel, technology pckg, second row heated seats.

July 27, Southeastern, PA - supposedly 1st order placed by dealer. I do have PC 10. Ditto your build less graphic and appliqué, add beadlocks. Was routinely checking when the CF delay rumor(?) first hit and for a few weeks after that. I haven't checked with FS in a couple of weeks. At this point, it gets here when it gets here. Status was same as you last time I checked.