GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erock4129

Reaction score
Sarcasm right?

I just scanned our vehicle locator which shows vehicles on the ground, in transit or still at the plant. There isn't a single Raptor stock order over the entire 3,108 dealer body that has left the plant. So I would strongly doubt that any retail orders have left the plant.

ETA is automatically generated based off of build date. It is not accurate for new model builds.

Would agree with this, regardless of what some say, these wouldn't be released until QC is completed in some from or fashion, call it OKTB or whatever, they're not gonna just ship these units right off the line.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I deal with this on a daily basis.

The ETA's are only "reasonably" accurate when a model line has been up and running for a while. On new product builds they are no where close.

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd just be happy now to have a VIN...lol! You guys will have 10,000 miles on your trucks by the time I see mine.

I feel the same way. I ordered early September and it seems like it'll be spring before we get them... still no vin or build date. Going to do the weekly check in with ford service tomorrow...

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel the same way. I ordered early September and it seems like it'll be spring before we get them... still no vin or build date. Going to do the weekly check in with ford service tomorrow...

Same boat here, ordered early September, not even a VIN yet. In another month if it looks like this thing is going to arrive in summer I am cancelling my order and going to get a 2018. I hate getting a new truck for it to be immediately old within a few months. If I'm buying in spring or summer it's cause I am getting a deal to do so, there is no deal at MSRP

cmarko

Reaction score
is there a sticky or thread that lists order date vs build date scheduled... we could use one if not, even associate with color or specific features rumored to be back ordered. could dispel a LOT of rumors

add location, that may be another piece to the puzzle.

Ordered July 25. Butte Montana.
No build date, vin, or ETA.

status for the last 6 weeks is "processing" or "unscheduled clean."

oxford white SCrew
802A, twin panel roof, hood graphics, carbon fiber, forged wheels, tailgate applique, heated steering wheel, technology pckg, second row heated seats.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I checked with my dealer, thus far they have 6 of 22 that have been given build schedules. Given I am 13 of 22 I could see getting a schedule in about another 1.5-2 months with a build date in February or March. Add about 4-6 weeks to ship it to Ottawa, Canada and I'll just tell them to keep it.

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke to my sales rep, and he says more than likely next year production.

Order Date: 09/19/2016 Port Aransas TX

Details on my signature.

They started the order banks a bit prematurely, too early. There are guys who ordered back in July won't see their cars till the end of the year, maybe beginning of next year.

Oh well....

96LT4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
add location, that may be another piece to the puzzle.

Ordered July 25. Butte Montana.
No build date, vin, or ETA.

status for the last 6 weeks is "processing" or "unscheduled clean."

oxford white SCrew
802A, twin panel roof, hood graphics, carbon fiber, forged wheels, tailgate applique, heated steering wheel, technology pckg, second row heated seats.

I have the twin to your truck on order minus the graphics...going custom. My order hasn't even been pulled yet. Ordered Labor Day weekend.