GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erock4129

Reaction score
I'd read about the delay with spray in Ford liner before I ordered. That's why mine is going to Line-X

I would think that Ford has mastered the mass production process at this point, I can't see trucks waiting around an extra week or so just because they need a spray in liner. Just my opinion. That's a few hour process, not sure why that would hold it up for days.

lambchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 80538
Ordered Raptor on July 25th with a 19 Priority code, got the VIN a few weeks ago, got the window sticker last week. Was scheduled to be built 10/14 but was moved to 10/12. Still does not show up on COTUS. According to Ford Service FB page, my truck was built Wednesday the 12th and is in Dearborne waiting for a ride to its new home!!

How do you get the window sticker??

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think that Ford has mastered the mass production process at this point, I can't see trucks waiting around an extra week or so just because they need a spray in liner. Just my opinion. That's a few hour process, not sure why that would hold it up for days.

It is outsourced (from what I was told).... your truck is built, leaves the factory via truck to get sprayed and then returns for shipping. That is why there is a delay.

Last edited:

cheek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my friend who happens to own the dearlership called an said the truck should be here middle of Dec or first of Jan. Was a unexpected call with good news i thought.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score

Gen-1's had a delay for the graphics at one point that ran 4-6 weeks. I have also encountered delays do to trucks/trains. Likely the spray liners are sub'd out.

Hockey11

Reaction score
It can't take that long for spray in bed liner. My truck was built 10/13 and ford service said they estimated delivery to dealer was 10/22. I have the spray in bed liner ordered on mine. I must say I did remove the Carbon Fiber.

PuNk1nPo0p

Reaction score
Order detail

Ordered: 8/10
Build Date: 11/14
Picked Up: 1/20/2017

SCAB
Magnetic
802A
Carbon Fiber Package
Moon Roof
Spray-in Bed liner (Factory)