GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is exactly the case we have here, in Idaho. For instance, I could buy a Raptor in Montana, or Washington, and unless those particular dealers had an Idaho Tax ID # with the state of Idaho, no sales tax would be collected......until I brought it back to Idaho and registered it at the DMV. VIN is then inspected, and full Idaho state tax (6%) will be collected.

Yeah, that's the way I thought it worked. I used to live in WA and we knew people that would make a trip to OR for large purchases (appliances etc) due to the lack of sales tax. The same could not be done with vehicles, however. Once the vehicle came back to WA and was registered, the DMV would collect the tax that wasn't paid at the time of purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the way I thought it worked. I used to live in WA and we knew people that would make a trip to OR for large purchases (appliances etc) due to the lack of sales tax. The same could not be done with vehicles, however. Once the vehicle came back to WA and was registered, the DMV would collect the tax that wasn't paid at the time of purchase.

All government entities are eternally thirsty.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All government entities are eternally thirsty.

What kills me is that even once you've paid tax on it, if you sell it the following day they collect tax all over again from the next buyer. When a vehicle changes owners several times throughout its useful life, the government does quite nicely on taxes.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kills me is that even once you've paid tax on it, if you sell it the following day they collect tax all over again from the next buyer. When a vehicle changes owners several times throughout its useful life, the government does quite nicely on taxes.

Well said. And disgusting. There should be annual limits imposed.

Johanthan

Reaction score
I ordered one from a dealership near Nashville on Monday. He informed me it would likely be June before I see it.

Did you receive a confirmation email from your dealership or Ford?

I bought Jeep a few years ago and I had a tracking number through the process.

i orderd on the 24th of jan. in tx was also told june. hoping it will be sooner though

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is nearly my turn.

12a650b3ba1b44517bd5a32f586eea5e.jpg

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, I'm jealous of you guys that kept the bead locks! Maybe I'll be able to pick up a set in the future for a reasonable price. I'll keep an eye on ebay prices and local Craigslist ads.