GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I placed my order on 9/26 and just got a call from my dealership saying there's a delay because of the carbon fiber option?? Anybody else hearing this bs?

Yepper. CF and Forged Wheels.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Yes dropped CF per dealer and receive VIN 2 days later with build date 1/16.

I wish everyone on hold would drop CF and Beadlock. :)

GaryBacon

Reaction score
I placed my order on 9/26 and just got a call from my dealership saying there's a delay because of the carbon fiber option?? Anybody else hearing this bs?

That is a thing but still bs. I placed my order 10/08 and then was told in November that CF would delay order. I held strong and then actually added the color accent package late November. Which is sweet because now she's fully jammed.
Got a VIN on Dec 6 with a build date in January.
Was able to search my window sticker through research maniacs and its showed CF, colour accent and bead locks.
Window sticker has since disappeared but Ford Performance told me a few days ago it was getting built today.

Hopefully, it shows up at the dealer in a few weeks but I'm not holding my breath as I have the graphics and spray in bed liner.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have an inside connection or information regarding the vehicle shipping process? My dealer seems as clueless as I do. I live in metro Detroit and my dealership is about 10 minutes from the factory. My truck has been released from the plant since 12/15/16 and the ETA was 12/23/16. I'm just looking for some answers why this process of shipping the truck 10 miles is such a hassle. Thanks in advance.

My truck had shown released since 12/17. I had my regional manager run a trace on the truck and low and behold the truck was released but that wasn't final completion. So released may just mean released from the current retrofit, upfit, what ever the shit was being done.

Cobragt

Reaction score
I ordered on 9-8-2016 and dropped Carbon Fiber and also received VIN and build date of 1-19-2017.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Planning a hostage rescue mission for Ramp 59 to free the unlawfully detained Raptors. Who's in?

Great idea! You'll probably get quite a few takers but you're going to need every bit of them. Cause I'm thinking with the amount of vehicles reported at Ramp 59 that it's got to be half as big as the state of MI.

Good luck!!