Truck is in for warranty work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RV67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my '10 scab in for warranty yesterday and doesnt sound like I will be getting it back till Tuesday.Truck has 23,*** miles and here are the issues :

( 1 ) 6.2 Intermittent " Tick " on warm restarts....

Gave them the TSB provided by this awesome site and apparently thats what they did.Service advisor said that is was done.

( 2 ) Noise in Rear Differential when shifting from Park to reverse or drive on level ground .....

I told them that its in the pinion area and sounds more like a U-joint "tink" and not a backlash sound.It will consistently do this if on level ground as oppose to uphill which would have truck weight against it.

SA called yesterday wants to know how long can we keep your truck.FMC tech line wants them to inspect oil slinger and other things and report back.

I called about 4:30 today and they say wont be done till tuesday.SA says oil slinger etc.. looks good and FMC wants them to put new pinion seal in and a new u-joint and give it back.Soooo I guess they are waiting on a u-joint.

( 3 ) Transmission leak after truck sat for 10 days..

I said we went on vacation and truck sat for 10 days and when I get home there is about two quarts on the floor.This is the first time It has ever sat longer than 2 days since I ordered it.But truck shifted fine just like always and I am thinking it was overfilled at the factory.

They checked it out and say trans is full and no sign of leaks.

This is only the second time I have had this in the shop.The first was for a wiring issue for my side airbag connection in the drivers door.

I will report back when they are done.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck...quite a list you got going...hope all is fixed...the tranny issue is worrisome...

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my '10 scab in for warranty yesterday and doesnt sound like I will be getting it back till Tuesday.Truck has 23,*** miles and here are the issues :

( 1 ) 6.2 Intermittent " Tick " on warm restarts....

Gave them the TSB provided by this awesome site and apparently thats what they did.Service advisor said that is was done.

( 2 ) Noise in Rear Differential when shifting from Park to reverse or drive on level ground .....

I told them that its in the pinion area and sounds more like a U-joint "tink" and not a backlash sound.It will consistently do this if on level ground as oppose to uphill which would have truck weight against it.

SA called yesterday wants to know how long can we keep your truck.FMC tech line wants them to inspect oil slinger and other things and report back.

I called about 4:30 today and they say wont be done till tuesday.SA says oil slinger etc.. looks good and FMC wants them to put new pinion seal in and a new u-joint and give it back.Soooo I guess they are waiting on a u-joint.

( 3 ) Transmission leak after truck sat for 10 days..

I said we went on vacation and truck sat for 10 days and when I get home there is about two quarts on the floor.This is the first time It has ever sat longer than 2 days since I ordered it.But truck shifted fine just like always and I am thinking it was overfilled at the factory.

They checked it out and say trans is full and no sign of leaks.

This is only the second time I have had this in the shop.The first was for a wiring issue for my side airbag connection in the drivers door.

I will report back when they are done.

"Overfilled at the factory" and leaked down to the full mark after 3 years? I don't see that happening. What fluid does the transfer case use? Did they check it out? Good luck.

OP
OP
RV67

RV67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Overfilled at the factory" and leaked down to the full mark after 3 years? I don't see that happening. What fluid does the transfer case use? Did they check it out? Good luck.

Did you read the part about it sitting for 10 consecutive days ? Im thinking torque converter drained down.