Truck going into limp mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2023 R - I have had two occasions in sport mode, once in 2wd once in 4wd, both around 95mph under hard acceleration where it throws a powertrain error and front collision assist error and goes into limp mode.

Any ideas?

OP
OP
Quaesta

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’ll need to bring it to the dealer so they can pull the DTCs. If you have ForScan you can do it yourself. Any mods or stock?
No mods. Getting all sorts of various electrical system codes. Dealer has been stumped.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Umm… performance vehicle
You really need to read your owners manual and the safe operating speed for 4wd.

I am going to assume you mean 4A and not 4H. If 4h, you most likely damaged your transfer case and hubs. If 4A, it TECHNICALLY can handle that but with disk slips and possible hub damage.

How many times did you hit the rev limiter?

Also... saying "performance vehicle" doesn't mean it can do anything and everything you think it can do.

OP
OP
Quaesta

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You really need to read your owners manual and the safe operating speed for 4wd.

I am going to assume you mean 4A and not 4H. If 4h, you most likely damaged your transfer case and hubs. If 4A, it TECHNICALLY can handle that but with disk slips and possible hub damage.

Also... saying "performance vehicle" doesn't mean it can do anything and everything you think it can do.
Seriously thanks for your help.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score

The limiter is like 114 in my GEN two raptor; I doubt it’s less than that in the R… Obviously dudes have a problem with this truck why you gotta try and give him a life lesson. He can Beat on his $150,000 truck all he wants

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalerg