Trimming stock fenders & flares for 37s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
A while back i saw a thread on here about a guy who trimmed his stock fenders to fit 37s and not just fit them but fit under full compression and turning. id like to keep my fenders if i can over going to fiberglass. i like the stock proportions and fitment .

i tried the search function but couldnt manage to find the page it was on. even if i did find it the explanation on how to do it was a little confusing and tricky. has anybody done this and care to share? also any good shops in phoenix that can get it done?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
- Remove Fender Liners
- Relief cut the razor edge pinch weld about once every inch or two bottom to top.
- Hammer the **** out of it till it's flat
- Trim the bottom of the fender flare (You might see evidence of rubbing to guide you.
- If you don't then trim it even with the metal part of the fender.
- You should be good at this point.

If you want to go farther, one guy did trim off a lot of the flat part that faces the tire on the flare so he could get more clearance there. Honestly if it was me and I was worried, I'd get a discharged shock and mount it with no spring and run it to full bump and you'll see exactly what you have to trim.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so i think a lot of the miss information floating around has a lot to do with people not understanding the effect of aftermarket wheels with different offsets.

all the research ive seen is 37 k02s with no issues. now i know these are 36.3 or whatever, but its still a 37 with no mods what so ever and can roll under full compression. i believe these people are at least on mid perch, but not 100%

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did this on my truck. No 37s yet but there looks to he plenty of room. I trimmed the pinch welds myself but then had a shop do the rest. Guy was familiar with trimming raptors and made it look as factory as possible.

OP
OP
FordraptorHero

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
im running methods with zero offset somewhere between mid and top perch with fox 3.0s no trimming done at all i rub sometimes when turning to the left full lock and under compression (rubs on the plastic liner in the back) i know with some trimming and cutting the pinch weld ill be fine but im worried about making contact with the upper fender and flare

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

i need to find a shop in phoenix who can do the work for me, aaron do you know of any good ones in the surrounding areas?

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
im running methods with zero offset somewhere between mid and top perch with fox 3.0s no trimming done at all i rub sometimes when turning to the left full lock and under compression (rubs on the plastic liner in the back) i know with some trimming and cutting the pinch weld ill be fine but im worried about making contact with the upper fender and flare

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

i need to find a shop in phoenix who can do the work for me, aaron do you know of any good ones in the surrounding areas?

right.

factory wheel offsets and 37s and you wont have issues.
the problem isnt the size, its where it goes lol.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score

SDHQ is your best bet. It won't be cheap, but they'll do good work.