transmission service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uaq69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i took my raptor 2010 6.2 liter with 52000 miles to garage to be fully serviced the guy said the transmission oil and differential oil no need to be changes ,, i have another issues when i drive slowly i feel the something wrong with electric and rpm shaking he said plugs should be changed. but i need expert to let me know about the trans oil ,, anyone check his trans oil

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would recommend doing at least those and all the rest of your fluids @ 50k - brake, power steering, coolant etc

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't have to change the transmission fluid yet. But I am not familiar with the intervals on the Raptor itself. You should be able to find that info in your owners manual if you have it.

Clean your MAF sensor and throttle body to ensure they aren't causing the engine to stumble a bit. Then check the Catalytic converters by having your mechanic put a scan tool on it so that he can read the information from the O2 sensors first, then have him test the flow rates of the exhaust. Doing so will tell you if your cats are getting clogged. I wouldn't expect this at your mileage, but you never know. But plugs and wires, etc normally last longer than 50K miles

OP
OP
U

uaq69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea its low mileage but it was parked about 6 to 8 months before i buy it the owner of this car parked it for a long time in the dealer waiting for someone to buy it u get it after it was there for about this time can this affect the plugs

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It may have but I doubt it. Unless the previous owner did something he shouldn't have. But, honestly, I am the type, regardless of mileage, when I purchase a used truck, I always check and change all the fluids and plugs, etc. just to make sure. I have heard of people having problems out of brand new vehicles due to the dealerships not doing a proper dealer prep and making sure that the diff and transfer case fluids or the tranny fluid were at proper levels.