Transmission problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford should get a new tranny to you ASAP if they do agree that's the issue. They should take care of current owners that are having issues. Parts on back order? Really. Hope they fix it soon for you.

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Transmission should be removed and shipped to engineers at R & D with Ford. They should immediately provide all new parts for repairs or accept the vehicle back for an immediate replacement delivered to your residence, or refund. I would accept nothing less within 30 days of incident.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This should be treated very similar to a fordGT owner. That vehicle is their car halo. This raptor is the truck version. Yes not the same in price or performance of the car, but they need to help owners out a little differently. Maybe I'm totally off?.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This should be treated very similar to a fordGT owner. That vehicle is their car halo. This raptor is the truck version. Yes not the same in price or performance of the car, but they need to help owners out a little differently. Maybe I'm totally off?.

No, you’re not off, you’re totally on. I could have bought / built a truck for less. I didn’t spend the Raptor premium to be treated like a 2nd class customer. Or have a brother/sister treated that way. Ford is marketing to “enthusiasts” but the thing is it doesn’t take much being disrespected to become non-enthusiasts and that is very catchy.

OP
OP
W

wwgman

Reaction score
So the day started off a little rocky when the servicing dealership called me and they want their van back tomorrow. They said it was my job to fight Ford for a rental car. They are going to drive down 4 of the 5 hours they are away from me to pick it up. I've got to drive an hour but so be it. He told me he would be surprised if I had my truck back before 30 days. Of course this didn't sit well with me. I fired off another lovely Facebook message to Ford as well as one to the dealer I bought it from. Yesterday after I reached out to Ford on a Facebook post I got a call from the salesman who sold it to me. It is not his fault but I took my frustration out on him and gave him a pretty good chewing. Today his general manager called Ford Corporate and supposedly told him this guy traded in a Raptor and bought a new Raptor and it is ridiculous to treat him like this. Not sure if that call helped or my Facebook posts are helping but Ford responded right away saying my case had been escalated to a team that will get this fixed. This afternoon I was at my desk when I received a call from Dearborn Michigan. The lady who called me said that I'm now with the people who can make this happen. She said it's ridiculous how I have been treated and assured me that this thing will get fixed ASAP. She said a transmission should be ordered tomorrow and expedited to the dealer. I mentioned I was told they were back ordered and she said we have ways to get around that. She said we would talk later about compensation. I hung up the phone feeling like something is finally happening. We will see if she was BS me or not.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
So the day started off a little rocky when the servicing dealership called me and they want their van back tomorrow. They said it was my job to fight Ford for a rental car. They are going to drive down 4 of the 5 hours they are away from me to pick it up. I've got to drive an hour but so be it. He told me he would be surprised if I had my truck back before 30 days. Of course this didn't sit well with me. I fired off another lovely Facebook message to Ford as well as one to the dealer I bought it from. Yesterday after I reached out to Ford on a Facebook post I got a call from the salesman who sold it to me. It is not his fault but I took my frustration out on him and gave him a pretty good chewing. Today his general manager called Ford Corporate and supposedly told him this guy traded in a Raptor and bought a new Raptor and it is ridiculous to treat him like this. Not sure if that call helped or my Facebook posts are helping but Ford responded right away saying my case had been escalated to a team that will get this fixed. This afternoon I was at my desk when I received a call from Dearborn Michigan. The lady who called me said that I'm now with the people who can make this happen. She said it's ridiculous how I have been treated and assured me that this thing will get fixed ASAP. She said a transmission should be ordered tomorrow and expedited to the dealer. I mentioned I was told they were back ordered and she said we have ways to get around that. She said we would talk later about compensation. I hung up the phone feeling like something is finally happening. We will see if she was BS me or not.

Awesome dude!!! Congrats on the positive movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
W

wwgman

Reaction score
@wwgman , you and I are in the same boat in regards to transmission repair issues. Ford Engineers are in control of the fate of mine and it's out of the dealers hands. They want to replace a Speed Sensor before trying to replace a module. Of course the Speed Sensor is back ordered and the module is readily available (dealer tech seems to think it's most likely the module). At this point I am no longer pushing the issue for a quick resolve. If the dealer has my truck until March 8th I will officially fall into CA Lemon-Law status. I believe this will give me more options. Not necessarily asking for a new truck (although that is an option), but asking for a new transmission and/or possible compensation, warranties, etc.

What a joke and I'm so sorry you are having problems to. I think we all understand things can happen but Ford has a responsibility to get you back on the road and take your tranny back to Dearborn and go at it on their own time. You get so excited to get your truck and then this really just ruins it. The lemon law is fine but at the end of the day I want the truck I bought with Carbon fiber and beadlocks. There aren't that many out there I could replace it with and I sure don't trust Ford to expedite a new build with the way these orders are going. Hopefully it will all work out but it really has been disappointing.

FFCars

Reaction score

Ford had an issue with the rear a-arms on the first Ford GTs and they didn't replace any cars. They had a company make billet arms and got them installed asap. My FGT didn't have a single issue in over 25,000 miles of hard use. I would hope a Raptor is built as good... after all, it's built Ford tough.

As for the tranny issues, I'm not surprised by the way they are handling the issues. The Raptor is supposed to be just another production f150. Some limiteds, platiums, etc cost about the same as a raptor. So I don't feel it's a halo car for Ford.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Great news!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
fingers crossed for a positive and speedy outcome