GEN 1 Transmission leak?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My transmission is leaking at the opposite end. Can't tell if it is the pan or rear extension housing yet.

Does anyone else's cardboard and tinfoil heat shield above the transmission now rest on the transmission instead of being attached to the floor?
I just had the tranny pan gasket start leaking. It was covered under ESP.

And us, my heat shields are all falling off.

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
My dad had the same issue on his '09 F150. Had the tranny seal replaced twice. It ended up being the rear main seal as stated above. Hard to tell unless you're looking for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is the rear wiring bulkhead connector. Easy to replace since I am due for a fluid change anyway.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Found out dealership put dye in the transmission. It was cleaned up and no further leaking. I went to TRR and now its wet again. I tell my service advisor and swing it over to him to look. I have some work to do with the truck and I am at 35,600 miles and tell him if I bring it back next week, it will be over 36k. He makes up a work order with the miles that are on it now to sign and tells me not to worry about the mileage, just bring it back regardless if it goes over 36k.

Sounds like they are going to replace the rear main seal.