GEN 1 Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uriunited

Reaction score
IMG_0214.jpegIMG_0218.jpegHello, First post on the forum. I bought a 2014 raptor svt se two months ago. I decided to do a spark plug change last weekend and it went smooth. While i was doing the change i noticed this leak, is there anyone who can help me identify the problem/solutions? Thank you

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome

looks like the a.c. line that you have circled.
Either it's loosing oil from the system through that crimped connection, which I would assume it would be loosing freon/refrigerant also.
Does the a.c. work, cool? cold?
If it works good, I would look and see if there is something else dripping on the exterior of the line.

OP
OP
U

uriunited

Reaction score
Welcome

looks like the a.c. line that you have circled.
Either it's loosing oil from the system through that crimped connection, which I would assume it would be loosing freon/refrigerant also.
Does the a.c. work, cool? cold?
If it works good, I would look and see if there is something else dripping on the exterior of the line.
Thanks for your input, narrows it down a little. Yea the ac works decently. Nothing super cold like a new car, was thinking about recharging it before it gets hot down here in socal. I assume even i were to recharge it, it wouldn’t do anything about the leak?

I’m new to DIYing everything but i want to do it the right way.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is oil for the compressor mixed in with the refrigerant in the A.C. lines. If the lines are actually leaking, they will need replacing.
Or, if more like everything I won...
Might just just motor oil spilled below the fill port, beneath the oil filter and covered in oil from changing the filter, or flung around from a slow leak somewhere by the fam and/or breeze while driving.
I would probably try cleaning the areas real well with brake cleaner or some solvent and see if it re-appears. Probably make it easier to identify even if it does show up again too.