Transmission Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
u0104940

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, all in maybe 10 minutes to get you inside and hooked up to IDS

Is this the same dealer that originally sold it to you? If so, I'd be even more pissed.

It was not the same dealer. I will be giving them a try next.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Seriously? A speed sensor goes bad and you've lost all faith in the truck? Stuff breaks all the time. Sorry about your initial problem and that it took so long to repair, but I think you'll have many years of solid service from the truck.

I see your point, maybe it's the process it took to get things done and fixed. But to get a truck that was delayed due to retro-fits, and then breakdown with less that 100 miles of use after delivery, it can get to you a bit.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
There’s a youtube video of the difference between the enhanced engine sound and the non-cabin enhanced, linked in a couple places on the forum and on youtube. Give it a listen before you make the leap.

It can also be turned off by “Forscan”

However, after listening to the youtube video, I’m leaving well enough alone.

I understand the feeling you’ve got about the truck, back when I was 19 or 20, my then new truck lost a “fusible link” in the battery cable, after I’d already filed a lemon law suit. I missed work, had to be towed and because the VIN was flagged the dealer was prohibited from repairing without a regional reap and corp. legal representative present. So I got to miss another day of work. Before i left I put clear tape on the doors and hood. I had a rep from my lawyer’s office come and when we got there, sure enough they began work on the truck without us. I pointed out to my rep - tape cut on the door and hood. :flipthebird: right in front of corp. counsel.

This visit, however, would not go GM’s way. the lawyer kept harassing the mechanic to “determine” it was the result of abuse and eventually the mechanic having had enough of them told them bluntly to shut up and let him do his job. Literally. He went to the service manager and told him to keep these people away from me so I can figure this out.

Eventually he comes out with the cable and says “it’s a broken fusible link”...
“no possible way this was abuse”

So I missed 2 days of work for a tiny, invisible part that literally shut my truck off in the middle of a 4 lane highway. Very. Not. Cool.

It never happened to me again since then in any other vehicle or that one ... knock wood ... but it was always lurking in the back of my mind until I was in a new set of wheels.

I hope you don’t have another experience like this and that your Raptor will redeem itself to you.

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't believe they wouldn't turn off the enhanced engine audio. I think it takes like 1 minute or so to do that.

My dealer did this for me.

However, they wouldn't enable secure engine idle, auto folding side mirrors or change my panic button to require two presses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rabtech

Reaction score
I just came back from visiting a friend that just bought a new Raptor. I talked him into it. He asked me to come over and drive it. He thought something was wrong with the transmission.

I arrived and took it down the road and it was terrible. It has 100 miles on it and it shifts so erratic that it slams the gears and acts like it is going to neutral and back into gear when going down the road. Or when slowing down it hammers the gears.

It is like sport mode + being erritic.

I hate I recommended it to him now. I told him not to drive it because it is SLAMMING in and out of gear and really acting stupid.

Mine has 6000 miles on it and has been absolutely flawless.

Without me doing a search is there a campaign number he can reference. His dealer is not know for their stellar service so any help I can give him will be appreciated.

derekg1988

Reaction score
I just came back from visiting a friend that just bought a new Raptor. I talked him into it. He asked me to come over and drive it. He thought something was wrong with the transmission.

I arrived and took it down the road and it was terrible. It has 100 miles on it and it shifts so erratic that it slams the gears and acts like it is going to neutral and back into gear when going down the road. Or when slowing down it hammers the gears.

It is like sport mode + being erritic.

I hate I recommended it to him now. I told him not to drive it because it is SLAMMING in and out of gear and really acting stupid.

Mine has 6000 miles on it and has been absolutely flawless.

Without me doing a search is there a campaign number he can reference. His dealer is not know for their stellar service so any help I can give him will be appreciated.

Do you know his build date?

rabtech

Reaction score
I just sent his son a text and ask him for the vin number. Wont be long and he should reply to me.

I have fell in love with my raptor after I disabled the double horn honk and the ambient engine noise.

It drives great and has a shitload of power.

I let him drive mine and he liked everything about it. He ordered his without the keyless start and the sunroof. And his display has needles instead of an LCD panel . I just feel terrible he can't drive it. They just picked it up on a rollback and are headed to the dealer now.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

here is his vin

1ftfw1rgxhfb29886

Hope someone can get me some info to pass along.

Last edited:

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
I would never recommend these 17s to anyone. Too much untested.... the transmission is not proving to be reliable and just wait until you get engine misfires and cam phaser rattle. I feel bad that the power sucked you in. No doubt it is powerful, BUT, this is a terribly unreliable combo.
Definitely a downgrade from the reliability of gen 1. I don't care how many cylinders either has... gen 2 is just proving to be problematic.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i just sent his son a text and ask him for the vin number. Wont be long and he should reply to me.

I have fell in love with my raptor after i disabled the double horn honk and the ambient engine noise.

It drives great and has a shitload of power.

I let him drive mine and he liked everything about it. He ordered his without the keyless start and the sunroof. And his display has needles instead of an lcd panel . I just feel terrible he can't drive it. They just picked it up on a rollback and are headed to the dealer now.

---------- post added at 03:46 pm ---------- previous post was at 03:42 pm ----------

here is his vin

1ftfw1rgxhfb29886

hope someone can get me some info to pass along.

02/22/2017

McGrath4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts from anyone on the transmission issue.

Even though the dealership is less than stellar, it's an issue that needs to be remedied by them and the 5 year warranty. If they choose not to fix it or give some BS excuse, have your friend tell them it's unsafe to drive and it will not be released from the dealer. Ford Corporate reviews dealerships for longevity of stays for vehicles being repaired. I would also open a formal complaint to Ford if you think things at the dealership will not work in his favor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk