Transmission Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
u0104940

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

Part did not come in Friday as Ford Corporate said it would. Dealer has no update for me today as he has also reached out to FC with no answer as of yet.

Truck officially meets CA Lemon-Law status as of 1pm PST tomorrow.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

Part did not come in Friday as Ford Corporate said it would. Dealer has no update for me today as he has also reached out to FC with no answer as of yet.

Truck officially meets CA Lemon-Law status as of 1pm PST tomorrow.

That sucks, I may have missed it but have you talked to the dealer GM about just unwinding your deal

Once you formally start the LL process, the dealer won't talk to you at all so doesn't hurt to try right now

He may not be able to get you into another Rap but at least you can wash your hands of this one

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"...Ford wanted to air ship a whole new engine so they could have the old one back and tear it down. It was already on the way."
Seems they gave you a new motor awfully quickly.

This is very troubling if it truly was a regular 3.5 installed. Is there some sort of markings on the engines from Ford Performance to differentiate it as a high performance engine? I know they dont have signature blocks like the niche engines for the GT500 but there has to be some way to verify I would think. Any ideas?

The turbos are different. It is purely speculation this was a regular 3.5, it could be something entirely different.

Bark beetle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speculation, but very credible. If the Raptor engine ended up in a regular F150 and made it to a customer like the truck that had a Raptor seat, that would be sadly amusing. I hope they work out your truck very quickly and you don't have to get into LL mess. Time is the thing I now value the most and wasting lots of it in litigation would suck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
u0104940

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update:

Picked up the truck about 2 hours ago. All appears to be working..... for now. I will admit that my faith in this truck has diminished. The dealer asked me when I got there if I was excited to be picking it up and my answer was, "not really". I hope this changes over time as this truck is going to have to earn my trust again.

As Ford Engineers said all along, it was the back-ordered Speed Sensor that was the fix. part# ( SPO HL3Z 7H103 B ). The dealer put just about 100 miles of testing on the truck. So as to date, my truck has 290 miles and I've only put 95 of them on.

While the truck was at the dealer I tried to get them to remove the engine audio. They refused.

I have a phone call scheduled for next Tuesday with my CSM from FC. We will finalize the case and I'm sure and square up info to have last months payment reimbursed. If this truck should have any further issues with the transmission I will no longer accept a repair. Hopefully it doesn't come to that. I have a trip to Vegas in two weeks and a trip to Laughlin in three. Quite nervous about it, but should get some good test miles on this thing.

I will wait another 30-45 days before I begin to think about selling my 2011 Raptor. I'll also wait that long before doing any other mods. So far I've only done Line-X and wheels. I'll post another update in a few weeks after the road trips.

Bye for now.

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't believe they wouldn't turn off the enhanced engine audio. I think it takes like 1 minute or so to do that.

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your concerns are justified, your disappointment and diminished trust are extreemly justified also, to say the least. Thank you for sharing your experience, it helps me and our frf friends here to be keenly aware of the possibility this could happen to anyone of us as well. Wishing you many trouble free miles with your Raptor.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't believe they wouldn't turn off the enhanced engine audio. I think it takes like 1 minute or so to do that.

Same here, all in maybe 10 minutes to get you inside and hooked up to IDS

Is this the same dealer that originally sold it to you? If so, I'd be even more pissed.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seriously? A speed sensor goes bad and you've lost all faith in the truck? Stuff breaks all the time. Sorry about your initial problem and that it took so long to repair, but I think you'll have many years of solid service from the truck.

Last edited: