Code: P27B6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rap1229

Reaction score
Hi guys ;

My truck (2018 Ford Raptor Super Crew) when on limp mode , wont pass 2nd gear and when it does it comes to a full stop with the wrench light popping up.

After using the ForScan tool I was able to retrieve the following info:

Code: P27B6 - Internal Control Module Transmission Speed Sensor Performance

Status (-AF):
- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is On for this DTC

Module: Transmission Control Module

Any similar experiences?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
P27B6 indicates a mismatch between the TSS, ISSA and ISSB sensors. The first thing to verify is the shift cable is properly installed and adjusted. You’ll want to self test the TCM to see if any additional DTCs are present.

OP
OP
R

Rap1229

Reaction score
P27B6 indicates a mismatch between the TSS, ISSA and ISSB sensors. The first thing to verify is the shift cable is properly installed and adjusted. You’ll want to self test the TCM to see if any additional DTCs are present.
Thanks @FordTechOne for the info , this is something interesting since the truck sleeps outside and was wondering if something might have messed with the wiring.

If possible , could you please tell me were this cable is located so I can have it verified before dealer appointment. Unfortunately the truck ran out of warranty.

Again , Best Regards.