Transmission Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danner

Reaction score
Latest news is they're going to put a new valve body into my truck's transmission on Thursday. It had nothing to do with the throttle body; that was just a mix-up by the salesman. He claims Ford had to take a part off one of the vehicles currently being built to get it shipped out to me quickly. I told him if this doesn't fix the problem, I'd like him to start talking to Ford about getting me a replacement truck.

Replacement truck could have more problems than the first truck does

OP
OP
u0104940

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update Today:

Spoke with my dealer and right off the bat he said that my call to Ford Corporate has put the wheels in motion for a quicker solution. Basically my truck has been put on an Urgent Repair Status which means to get the repair completed within the next 7 days. The back ordered Speed Sensor was originally B/O until March 13th. They should now have it in a few days, along with testing with the module. Ford Engineers were actually on site at my dealer today in regards to my truck and for another truck at a nearby dealer.

I have informed my dealer that if either of these two items do not fix my problem that I will be demanding a new transmission altogether. I have yet to speak with my Case Manager from Ford Corporate, but they did say it would be a few days before they contacted me.

:shakehead:

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow! Has to be frustrating after only getting to put a few miles on it before all this started. Hang in there and hope you get a fix and resolution soon!

Bark beetle

Full Access Member
Reaction score

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This should be my last update on this issue. Looks like I'm out before even taking delivery. After replacing a solenoid, sensor and valve body, Ford finally agreed to replace the transmission although the dealership told me it required an argument. I told the dealer that I only paid above MSRP to get the truck quickly and we're going on 3 weeks now since I sent them the money. First I said I wanted a replacement truck or my money back. Then I decided to negotiate and told them if they used some of my markup to ship me the truck and if Ford agreed to give me an extended warranty, I would still take the truck. Ford said no. They claim the vehicle is still brand new and has a full factory warranty and they'll only replace the transmission and nothing else. So it looks like I'm getting a refund.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This should be my last update on this issue. Looks like I'm out before even taking delivery. After replacing a solenoid, sensor and valve body, Ford finally agreed to replace the transmission although the dealership told me it required an argument. I told the dealer that I only paid above MSRP to get the truck quickly and we're going on 3 weeks now since I sent them the money. First I said I wanted a replacement truck or my money back. Then I decided to negotiate and told them if they used some of my markup to ship me the truck and if Ford agreed to give me an extended warranty, I would still take the truck. Ford said no. They claim the vehicle is still brand new and has a full factory warranty and they'll only replace the transmission and nothing else. So it looks like I'm getting a refund.

Bummer....but dealer did not want to give you the extended warranty? Would be "cheap" for them to do especially since you paid over MSRP.

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer....but dealer did not want to give you the extended warranty? Would be "cheap" for them to do especially since you paid over MSRP.

I had asked them to get Ford to pay for the extended warranty and asked the dealer to just pay for shipping, which would be about the same cost as the warranty. I felt everyone came out ahead with this deal since I would actually be getting something in return for paying over MSRP, Ford would be pitching in a bit for the warranty and the dealer would still be making an additional profit over MSRP. Oh well, it didn't work out.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had asked them to get Ford to pay for the extended warranty and asked the dealer to just pay for shipping, which would be about the same cost as the warranty. I felt everyone came out ahead with this deal since I would actually be getting something in return for paying over MSRP, Ford would be pitching in a bit for the warranty and the dealer would still be making an additional profit over MSRP. Oh well, it didn't work out.

Smart move walking away

Use photon's tool and go find the exact one you want