trans. temp warning @ sustained high speeds?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has the transmission been serviced (drain/refill) at any point to your knowledge? These transmissions are very sensitive to the correct fluid level. If the dealer/shop overfilled it you’ll have symptoms of overheating under load and possible fluid venting.
Ok FTO, why would over filling the tranny cause over heating? I can’t see that happening, shifting issue sure, please explain.

OP
OP
EricEst1978

EricEst1978

Reaction score
Has the transmission been serviced (drain/refill) at any point to your knowledge? These transmissions are very sensitive to the correct fluid level. If the dealer/shop overfilled it you’ll have symptoms of overheating under load and possible fluid venting.
I purchased the truck less than a year ago at around 39k miles and it’s at 47’ish now. Transmission was serviced in February, at around 44k miles along with an oil change, and some other recommended maintenance.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I purchased the truck less than a year ago at around 39k miles and it’s at 47’ish now. Transmission was serviced in February, at around 44k miles along with an oil change, and some other recommended maintenance.
Bring it back to the dealer or shop that serviced the transmission and have them adjust the transmission fluid to the proper level.