Trailer Raptor Home From Dealer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carsten89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have measurements or experience putting a Raptor on a trailer from the dealer? I plan on using my dad's superduty truck and trailer Thursday to get it. It's a 5 hour drive and I don't have any help unless I wait another week. The dealer has all the paperwork done and is waiting for me to get it. The trailer is one of those self tilting ones that the deck fits between the wheel wells. The wells are not removable, the truck is a stock 2013 screw. Anyways, I'm a new Raptor owner in 2 days.

SirCrush32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats where you picking it up from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You may bend his fenders. I think the track width is 87". Remember, it weighs 6000 lbs. Use appropriate tie downs. Rent a car and drive the Raptor home. Much more fun than towing it.

D

Deleted member 12951

A thought, we drive down together to pick it up and convoy back? I have an handheld radio you can borrow so we can chat on the road. You just pay for my gas, would still be less than what gas will cost you when towing. Now I know we have never met but hey, another raptor owner can't be all that bad considering we are practically neighbors in Missouri. Already sent ya a PM.

OP
OP
Carsten89

Carsten89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats where you picking it up from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long McArthur Ford Salina, KS

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

A thought, we drive down together to pick it up and convoy back? I have an handheld radio you can borrow so we can chat on the road. You just pay for my gas, would still be less than what gas will cost you when towing. Now I know we have never met but hey, another raptor owner can't be all that bad considering we are practically neighbors in Missouri. Already sent ya a PM.

I might have a ride setup with my college buddy, he's wanting to go pick it up with me after I showed him a picture. He's supposed to let me know tomorrow if he can take off work. I appreciate the offer though, that's a kind gesture to a stranger.

OP
OP
Carsten89

Carsten89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need a flatbed above the wheels or drive over fenders to trailer it.

I get better gas mileage towing the Raptor with my SD than I get driving the Raptor.

I ended up driving it back, I'm loving the truck seems wider inside than my 04 F150, gets better mileage than my old truck too.