Trade in value drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Touringchef

Reaction score
12 months ago my 2019 802A Performance Blue truck was worth 64K on trade. 2 months ago it was down to 57K and as of today 52K. Sad because the truck I ordered 14 months ago is expected to be delivered in 3 days leaving me with a tough decision. I just posted the truck on Autotrader but not sure I will be able to move fast enough now.

Any suggestions on where to advertise besides auto trader?

Thanks
See what you can get cash offer KBB abd take it to Carmax see what they say. Take the offer to the dealer tell them to match if its better, if not tell them you are going to sell to whomever is higher and come back for your truck.

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all the big time job losses all over big tech,
Speaks volumes ,
Add in ever higher interest rates
Big cliff dead ahead

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
It’s amazing the trade in values are tanking but the ADM’s aren’t going down
Uh they are coming down...but quietly. Dealers still asking stupid but much quicker to drop than 6 months ago. Ask me how I know. Deals are out there big time.

Kings4thecup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ended up getting rid of my raptor (2018) about 4-5 months ago because i felt the market was at its peak for used cars....i lost 10k on it in 3.5 years of ownership and 40k miles. I traded it in for a 2022 raptor and i got that at 10k over sticker. It had 80k miles and i got 47k for it. I could have gotten more for my 18...but i didn't want to sit on it and i didnt want to pass up on the 2022 i got because it was built the exact way i would have built mine to a T. I'm glad i did what i did because if i waited...i would be in a similar position as you.

I also wanted to put money into my raptor and didn't want to put much into my 18 because it had 80k miles. Now that i have a new one...well, 4- months old...i'm goin to put a RTT on it and do some fun things with it.

Good luck!

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s tough but just work with them the best you can. Used market is returning to pre covid.

I lucked out trading my 19 for $67,000 and getting my 22 price protected at $78,000 ($3000 under window sticker)
I bought my truck used for $50K, could've sold it for $75K at some point in 2021, and it's back to about $55K and I've added about 15K miles. So while we're about to go over a cliff, I'd say the market is still quite inflated.
exactly! This is gonna be bad... very very bad for allot of people...
I've been playing with various AI tools over the last two years. I've been making a bold prediction, but with the rate of how they have improved, I see most people jobless in 2 years, and practically everyone in 5. I hope I'm insanely wrong.

After I asked it to write C++ code that I've written before referencing an SDK, and it basically gave me back what I coded (thought slightly less efficient) I think the writing is on the wall. We're probably already done and don't even know it.

I used to think a singularity was necessary—where AI becomes actually cognizant and creates new thoughts—but right now the smartest AI presents itself as more human than some mid-range humans. If it didn't constantly tell me it wasn't a real human, I'm not sure I could tell the difference anymore. It used to even lie, so if you didn't know any better, you'd have no idea if it didn't know something or not. And still it tells falsehoods with all the gusto of a real human. I've caught it on a few mathematical errors and it was like, oh, yes, thanks for telling me, you're correct.

For the first time in my life, I'm not sure what to do about the future.