Trade 2020 Raptor for 2023 Tundra TRD Pro?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I go to Baja with a mixed Raptor/Tundra crew. The Tundra's can be built out pretty nice but I've seen multiple drive shaft failures on them. So often that a couple of guys carry a spare. Raptors have problems too, but usually something a little easier to fix. Although the Tundra's are completely capable, the Raptors are always upfront.

scpete24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came from a gen 2.5 Tundra pro (2016) and although it's not apples to apples with the gen 3, the raptor is still miles above the tundra with respect to offroading. No way I would go back after driving my current truck but it's all up to you and how you use the truck.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What I would give to get rid of my sunroof. I think you have will have less issues with the Toyota than the Ford. I think it would last longer and they have come a LONG ways in terms of looks. Three years newer so there is that. Inside you mentioned is better. If you're not using the Raptor for what it's intended for then that doesn't matter. I have a friend who went from a Dodge to a Toy and he was happy. I think the correct answer is Raptor Gen3.
Less issues? The new tundras are having significant of problems right off the showroom floor.

Apparently serviceability was an afterthought, removing the cab to service a turbocharger wastegate is ridiculous.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Less issues? The new tundras are having significant of problems right off the showroom floor.

Apparently serviceability was an afterthought, removing the cab to service a turbocharger wastegate is ridiculous.

:snoopfacepalm:

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to pile on, firstly you made the right decision. Secondly, as a former 2022 Tundra Capstone owner with the i-Force Max, you really made the right decision. New Tundra is plagued by cheap rattling plastic, infotainment screen with dust particulate behind the glass that takes months to get replaced, head unit that randomly blacks out, i-Force Max's that are randomly being rendered undriveable with no diagnostics, blown engines occasionally, window seals that are leaky leading to 100+ dB cabin noise, bed rattles, rear window rattles, and just overall Q/C lacking from what Toyota has built their "reputation" on.

Enjoy the 2020 Unicorn, if you went with a Tundra, get a 1794 with TRD off road package, TRD Pro is a bunch of badges and non performance upgrades for a big chunk of change.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I think it would last longer and they have come a LONG ways in terms of looks
Admit it. You just typed that to rile up @FordTechOne. :)
Less issues...

I’d be surprised if they could get 50% to survive the high speed Raptor Assault course, much less what our “3 percenters” put the Rap through.