Trade 2020 Raptor for 2023 Tundra TRD Pro?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which engine in the Toyota are you looking at ? I am a Toyota TRD Pro fan, but I have 07...TRD Pro meant you got the bilstein shocks and a few other options depending on if you went SR5 or whatever. If I was to go with the Toyota I'd want the iforce max. 437 horsepower/ 583 lb.-ft. of torque. The TRD Pro uses the fox shocks and got rid of the leaf springs also. I don't know that I'd go back to a Toyota after my Raptor but if I was not going raptor I'd go Toyota 1794 edition myself. I love my Raptor but my Tundra is still going strong.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Daughter has a Tacoma TRD Pro. While not the same as a Tundra, the Pro package is similar. I find it basic and bland. But it comes down to personal preference. Either move to a Gen 3, keep the Gen 2 and mod it or start peeing sitting down.
Its a great truck if yr a girl! The midsize segment is honestly not working out. Bew Colorado's and tacos, gladiators optioned out are like 60k now. At that point go fullsize …

OP
OP
mg32

mg32

Reaction score
Which engine in the Toyota are you looking at ? I am a Toyota TRD Pro fan, but I have 07...TRD Pro meant you got the bilstein shocks and a few other options depending on if you went SR5 or whatever. If I was to go with the Toyota I'd want the iforce max. 437 horsepower/ 583 lb.-ft. of torque. The TRD Pro uses the fox shocks and got rid of the leaf springs also. I don't know that I'd go back to a Toyota after my Raptor but if I was not going raptor I'd go Toyota 1794 edition myself. I love my Raptor but my Tundra is still going strong.
It has the iforce max engine.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has the iforce max engine.
So how does is compare to the raptor engine ? I'm not sure on the different modes available on the TRD as far as sport as such. I'll trade you my 07 Tundra with 330k miles on it anytime you want .

OP
OP
mg32

mg32

Reaction score
So how does is compare to the raptor engine ? I'm not sure on the different modes available on the TRD as far as sport as such. I'll trade you my 07 Tundra with 330k miles on it anytime you want .
It felt quick and had great power, but even with all that torque from the Hybrid engine it still felt different than the Raptor.

Drive modes: Eco, Normal, Sport
2H, 4H, 4L (no 4A like my raptor)
In 4L - it has Mud, Snow, Rock, Mogul drive modes

Honestly, if I was still in my 2016 Limited, I would trade it for the Tundra without a second of hesitation.

When I first drove my Raptor, I loved it. 3 years later, I just thought maybe I was bored with it and have looked at other options.

When I first drove the TRD Pro, I liked it.

That's when I left the dealer and told him "I'd think about it".

Leaning towards not trading already, but you guys have brought up some great points that confirmed my initial thoughts.

The cabin tech almost swayed me though.