Towing the Toyhauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gen1Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went camping this past weekend and the Raptor had no problem towing the Superlite Weekend Warrior 25ft. with weight distributing hitch.

Attachments

• IMG_20140217_113446_730.jpg
    IMG_20140217_113446_730.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 238

D.R.C.

Reaction score
Was wondering how that would work out, what was total weight trailer and gear inside?. I was out the dunes just outside of Vegas and saw a similar sized toyhauler and wondered how my Raptor would do pulling it.

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was wondering how that would work out, what was total weight trailer and gear inside?. I was out the dunes just outside of Vegas and saw a similar sized toyhauler and wondered how my Raptor would do pulling it.

I pull about 6000-6500 pounds in a screw with a weight distributing hitch too. Pulls awesome! You shouldn't have a problem towing up to 7000-8000 depending on your a scab or scew

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! Do any of you guys who tow regularly feel like you need an airbag or the RPG 4" bumpstop kit? I'll be towing with mine in the future and had wondered what others were thinking. Thanks

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nah. I tow at least once a month or twice. I do have HD nationals leafs which does help out a lot. Highly recommend the weight distributing hitch. Will lift your tounge up and take the weight of the rear of truck. Levels the weight out from front of truck to rear of trailer equally. My rear barely sags fully loaded and not even near my bump stops.

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard the weight distributing hitch is key to towing with these trucks, so I'll definitely go that route! I bet the springs do help a lot too, so that sounds like a good deal!

I think the towing capacity is around 8800 or so on the Crew, but I may be off a bit...

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I heard the weight distributing hitch is key to towing with these trucks, so I'll definitely go that route! I bet the springs do help a lot too, so that sounds like a good deal!

I think the towing capacity is around 8800 or so on the Crew, but I may be off a bit...

Correct!

OP
OP
Gen1Rap

Gen1Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The toyhauler is 6400 lbs empty. I add about 800 lbs. (75 gallons) of water, food, drinking water, cooking utensils, chairs, table, bbq, towels and bedding, 3 dirtbikes and gas. I would estimate between 8000 and 9000 lbs. total.

I use a weight distributing hitch and I also have the RPG 4" bumpstops for added measure for off roading the trailer through rough terrain. I also have the HD National springs which help big time.

I can and have towed the trailer without the RPG 4" bumpstops and be fine. I just wanted the extra security and think it kind of saves my springs and shocks for those long hauls.