Towing - first trip thoughts...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
5. Mileage about 8mpg. Went 65-75mph.

I'm really surprised by the gas mileage. Maybe it's the big flat trailer in the rear acting like a parachute but I figured the Gen2 would be good for 11-12MPG.

ROC_Fest.jpg

With my Raptor at max weight I was able to get 8.3MPG over 500 miles at 65MPH... plus I had to over the Sierra Pass!

flea_sly

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
raptor .jpg

20' with my car, tools, race fuel, etc. weighs 7200lbs. Tows fine with a Reese WDH up to 75mph. I was averaging approximately 9.5-10mpg on a 1000 mile trip with pretty high winds. I'm very impressed with the way it towed as long as you have a WDH and a good trailer. Really like when you are towing the blinker indicated 5 times instead of the normal 3, helps when towing and changing lanes.

Last edited:

ace75

Reaction score
Any of you guys notice the temp climbing a lot when towing up a grade?

Brett Rahn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EA2592C0-2C21-4D7C-9286-60090B8EB874.jpeg CCFD71F6-B873-4214-9E53-1885DB4A5ECD.jpeg I just towed my 7x16 enclosed trailer with 2 Harley’s to Ocean city md bike week.
Mostly highway
I have Timbren on back as my trailer is the v nose style where there is no tongue to use weight distribution hitch so it sags a bit without them.
Total weight probably like 4200 or so now truck has corsa extreme exhaust and that’s it and running amsoil signature series.
I got almost 11 mpg running 70-75 on highway. I did notice that boost gauge was always showing some boost. Oil temp etc stayed very normal oil was like 225 ish in temp
What was odd is the floor in rear passenger side what noticeable hot even the rubber floor mat. So exhaust was hot as shit but nothing else was out of wack. Seems to tow nice. I had a 2018 f 250 platinum diesel. And that was a tow machine. I would not want to tow much more than this as trucks brakes etc are just not like a super duty is. But I love to drive it.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run a COBB AP and that will display oil temp, I dont know a way to display it directly off the OEM gauges though

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run a COBB AP and that will display oil temp, I dont know a way to display it directly off the OEM gauges though
Maybe the 2019 will show eng oil temp on some sort of factory gauge, but the 17'-19' doesn't..
I was hoping there was a way to display it thru the OBDII connector but haven't had much luck finding the PID...