Towing a large boat with the gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Did you look into the trx? I feel like the raptor is slightly lacking in power when I’m towing my boat so I think I will go with a trx…more power but still the fun and maneuverability factor. Thoughts? I hate to leave ford but it seems like it’s the best of both worlds for my situation. Thoughts?

Probably not more maneuverable than a Raptor.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score
Drive a 6.7 Tremor then a TRX. Guessing means nothing without seat time.
Yeh like I said, there’s no trucks around me that I can test drive. Believe me, I would love to. And I would love to get an “r” but I am drawing the line at 100k right now. I just don’t think it’s wise spending much over that for a truck. I think I paid $63k for my raptor in 2018…crazy how prices have changed

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The trx is more power but a ton more weight, and I don’t see how it would tow any better. The 6.7 SD would tow great, but won’t ride and drive like a Raptor.

PGas32

Reaction score
How about an F-150 in your favorite non-Raptor trim? Get the Max Tow Package and 6.5’ bed. It’s not as interesting/fun as a Raptor, but it’ll tow much better and be much more livable on a daily basis than a SuperDuty would be. Just a thought.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you look into the trx? I feel like the raptor is slightly lacking in power when I’m towing my boat so I think I will go with a trx…more power but still the fun and maneuverability factor. Thoughts? I hate to leave ford but it seems like it’s the best of both worlds for my situation. Thoughts?

This is my third raptor. 2012, 2017, and 2023.

And I wanted a truck that wouldn’t rust out before I got it home.

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to tow my surf boat around town with my 2019 gen 2 raptor, then I upgraded to an 2022 f250 but it was miserable to drive outside of towing just traded it for a 2023 lightning with max tow package and it’s an amazing truck. I assume towing will be great for short distance (less than 100mile) I’m getting a 2024 raptor r and while it will sound better it will probably be worse in nearly all other ways than the lightning (but I can’t resist)