Towed trailer to arkansas and back! Wow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
So are you guys using nay kind of load leveling or does the Raptor level out fairly well on its own?

I'll tow rather infrequently but I know with my Explorer I had to have load levelers installed for long hauls across country.

Thanks,

~BGM

I just try and load my trailer evenly. Its a 13 foot long bed single axle so about 16 feet long. The tounge weight is about 200 or so I guess. I load the lighter bike center and up front and load the second bike front wheel just fwd of the axle. I try and not hammer the trucks suspension. My FX4 had two buells in the bed and 1500 lbs of bikes on the trailer and it rode level but it was a wollowin along at 70 mph.

I use a 3 inch drop hitch I think? Same one I used on the FX4.

BDRAG

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
My truck just crossed over 13k miles. Over 3k of that has been towing. I get mid 13's with my empty 20' car trailer and mid 12's with a Mustang on it. I make sure to load the car a little further back on the trailer to balance the weight. The truck doesn't sag too badly if you get the weight right.

IMG_2965.jpg

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
You want at least a 60/40 weight distribution. 60 being in front. If 50/50 or less the trailer will sway on the smallest of bumps or wiggles on the road