Total Order Cost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
Well guys, it's finally happening. I found a dealer that has agreed to $500 over invoice, so I will be placing my order next week. I'm anticipating to see some fees added onto the "$500 over invoice," but I'm not informed enough to know what fees are legit and which are the dealer trying to milk me. So I thought I would ask:

If TrueCar is pricing my Raptor's invoice at $46,240 and the dealer is offering $500 over invoice, is there any legit fees that would push the VOC over $46,740?

Thanks all. Soon...soon...

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
$500 over invoice is probably there "admin" fees. They may try and tack on titling or registration fees saying that it's not included in their dealer fees.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Congrats btw

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The destination and delivery charge of $995 should be included on your Truecar invoice pricing (you'll see it there). The ADV on there ($610) (and most sites) is usually low by $100 to $200. Plus a tank of gas at regular price. You should also find out what their "doc" fees are. Don't let them milk you with ridiculous doc fees (couple hundred reasonable not $500-700).

OP
OP
BMart

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing this up guys. I wasn't really sure if the ADV fee was a negotiable thing or not.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i got mine at invoice plus $250 admin fee, so basically $250 over invoice. i could have tried to negotiate that down, but i doubt they woulda budged. they made dealer holdback + $250, so they didnt exactly give it away. it was a good deal anyways so i ran with it

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
The key thing to remember is negotiate OTD (Out the Door) price. This is the amount you're going to write on the check you give them and not a penny more. Make this understood up front and be willing to walk if they try to screw with it upon delivery.

Now in Oklahoma we don't pay tag and tax til we go to the tag agent so that simplifies it even more.