Took a test drive today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K-9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took a test drive today in a 12 Raptor. It did not have the front camera or I may have bought it today. The drive eliminated any questions about liking the truck for certain.

Now a few questions for those that have them:

1. Is there enough of a difference to worry about 12 vs. 13? I don't want the bead lock rims so it's just the lights really right?

2. The blue interior? Has any one had issues keeping it clean looking? I saw a used 12 and it looked like the blue in the seats was wearing fast. I really like the blue though???

3. Any info on the factory bed liner? One I am looking at has this. I had planned on line x and would still need to do the wheel wells but how is the factory stuff holding up?

4. With the nav radio is it capable of DVD too or just nav and stereo?

Thanks

raptor2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it plays dvd. I have a blue flame with blue accent interior and love it. I have 10,000 miles on mine and have had no issues. I would get a 12. Its cheaper and you can buy headlights.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only advantage (to me) about the '13 is the Terrain color. But if you can get $*** amount off the price, you could double up and not only wrap it in a color you really wanted, but you'd in turn, be protecting the factory paint.

MFT in the '13 sucks ass wheras the NAV in the '12 rocks. Don't think that there are any "little" changes from '12 to '13.

If I can find (yet another) '12 Raptor for invoice, I'll get it if I have the cash.

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the connectivity department, SYNC with MyFord Touch is now available on the 2013 SVT Raptor, bringing with it a center stack-mounted 8-inch touch screen, and 4.2-inch display mounted in the instrument cluster. In addition, a new exterior paint color, dubbed Terrain, has been added to the 2013 SVT Raptor’s color palette.

see image below for reference of new center stack...

2013-ford-f150-svt-raptor-interior.jpg

With the above disclosed...I would pull the trigger on the 12..I am all about instant gratification...hehe

Also, the OEM HID's for the 13 Raptors are not even close to the god like touch of Dawson a.k.a. Ducati the Owner and founder of Raptor Retrofits....Best SVT Raptor heads around!!

OP
OP
K-9

K-9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I am actually leaning the 12 but have to figure out the blue inserts. It may just have been the one I saw was not treated well but I am concerned about the filth that showed and how worn the blue in the seats looked. I actually like the little space above the screen on the 12 better than the slightly bigger screen I think but it is pretty minor either way.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
By the time you decide on the 2012 there will be no 2012s left at dealer lots or at least 2012s with the options you want.

Thanks guys. I am actually leaning the 12 but have to figure out the blue inserts. It may just have been the one I saw was not treated well but I am concerned about the filth that showed and how worn the blue in the seats looked. I actually like the little space above the screen on the 12 better than the slightly bigger screen I think but it is pretty minor either way.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
By the time you decide on the 2012 there will be no 2012s left at dealer lots or at least 2012s with the options you want.

Three loaded 2012's on the lot at a local dealer yesterday.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

In the connectivity department, SYNC with MyFord Touch is now available on the 2013 SVT Raptor, bringing with it a center stack-mounted 8-inch touch screen, and 4.2-inch display mounted in the instrument cluster. In addition, a new exterior paint color, dubbed Terrain, has been added to the 2013 SVT Raptor’s color palette.

see image below for reference of new center stack...

2013-ford-f150-svt-raptor-interior.jpg

With the above disclosed...I would pull the trigger on the 12..I am all about instant gratification...hehe

Also, the OEM HID's for the 13 Raptors are not even close to the god like touch of Dawson a.k.a. Ducati the Owner and founder of Raptor Retrofits....Best SVT Raptor heads around!!

I like the cubby above my center stack. Looks like they got rid of it for the 2013.

OP
OP
K-9

K-9

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I am trying to make sure I want the 12 now because I have the option...I agree though time to crap or get off the pot

OP
OP
K-9

K-9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got my loan approval. Bank sending out a blank check for the loan tonight so as of Tues. i shop like a cash buyer. Now just need to get my trade over there to see how much I bend over on it but it's paid for and just needs to go away anyway.

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Three loaded 2012's on the lot at a local dealer yesterday.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

I like the cubby above my center stack. Looks like they got rid of it for the 2013.

Yeah that cubby is nice. It holds my iPhone! Too bad its gone but i do like the dials on the 2013

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk and a budweiser can