TOO soon to rotate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Taking my truck in for an oil change etc tomorrow at the dealership for their “The Works” service and was wondering if rotating my tires too soon is an issue or concern? They are new KO2 replacements with just right over 2,000miles on them. I know the general rule of of thumb is every 5,000 or even 3,000 miles, but just wanted to make sure that having them rotated at only 2,000 miles is of concern. I will then have them rotated again in 5,000 miles after this oil change.

OR, should I have them just bypass the rotation and just take them to get rotated once I hit 5,000 miles on them.

Thanks for any input - PFA

Attachments

• 305BE91B-4993-40CB-A9D9-60A277FA8453.jpeg
    305BE91B-4993-40CB-A9D9-60A277FA8453.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 25

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From a convenience standpoint…if your goal is to “synch” your oil/filter changes with your tire rotations…have the tires rotated now. You won’t cause any issues.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get it done now, BUT make sure that the dealer rotates them properly and not just front to back, back to front. Some dealers do that and I've been known to go postal about it.

OP
OP
RubyDaCherry

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
From a convenience standpoint…if your goal is to “synch” your oil/filter changes with your tire rotations…have the tires rotated now. You won’t cause any issues.

10-4. I didn’t think doing them a little early would hurt anything but wanted to make sure. I figured why not do them now since a rotation is included in their service coupon I got in the mail and have it “synched”, to where next oil change in 5k, I can have them rotated again. Rather than wait for another 3,000 miles from now take it in for just a rotation. I’ll kill 2 birds with 1 stone now.

OP
OP
RubyDaCherry

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
Get it done now, BUT make sure that the dealer rotates them properly and not just front to back, back to front. Some dealers do that and I've been known to go postal about it.

Correct. Front to back and then criss-crossed right?

OP
OP
RubyDaCherry

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
Did you ditch the beadlock rings already!?

I never ended up installing them. I changed my mind back to the regular ring because I liked how it make the spokes look ‘continuous’. Once I replace this truck in the next couple of years with a low mile black gen 2 or a gen 3, I’ll do the rings then haha.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
2000 miles is probably a little soon. 3000 - 4000 miles is probably where I’d do it, based on previous experience with the KO2’s, 5000-7500 is too long and every other oil change is also too long.