To drive or to ship? OKC to SF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

omar510

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really want to do one trail while at moab. Can anyone recommend a trail that the truck should be able to pass without any damage?

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1600mi @ 16mpg = 100gal @ $2.50/gal = $250 out of pocket.

Doesn't include tires, oil, and depreciation, but most people don't include those considerations in how much it costs to drive somewhere.

have you lost your mind?

cardude99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure if this has been said, dont forget to stop at the big texan in amarillo home of the 72 oz steak. i stopped there on a road trip to OH a few years back and it was a cool place, delicious steak. couldnt handle the 72oz i stuck with a 16 oz lol.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really want to do one trail while at moab. Can anyone recommend a trail that the truck should be able to pass without any damage?

Fins and Things is a popular trail that is on the easier side. A friend did it in a Sequoia and scraped the front and rear a little. Hell's Revenge is a killer trail and I did it with my cousin in a rented stock F-150. Fair amount of front and rear scraping, but nothing the rental return guys noticed. :biggrin:

If you are looking for something that is nearly road like, check out Hurrah Pass. Easy in the Raptor, but incredible views and will give you that off road feel without risking your truck.

OP
OP
O

omar510

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

So it happened. Picked up my truck from OK/Texas border and drove it back home. I went with two buddies, one of whom put together a nice little video of our trip. Yes we were slow in Moab, but the goal was to prevent ANY damage ;). The guy at the entrance gate didn't put much confidence in us saying "yah ford's engineer were here doing testing, but you have to realize, they didn't have to drive their trucks to work the next day."

I will post some photos and another video in the next couple of days along with my thoughts on the truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EnE2mxJOMU

OP
OP
O

omar510

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here, let me help you...

These are some of the places you can go to on the way home to Liberal Land:

1. Grand Junction, CO - pit stop on the drive
2. Moab, UT - an incredible place; you could spend days there! (wheeling!)
3. Bryce Canyon National Park - 3 hours to stop at about 8 scenic overlooks - definitely worth looking at!
4. Zion National Park - drive through the tunnel - it's another amazing place and a great drive! Great hiking too if you want to get out of the Raptor
5. Las Vegas - I assume you've been there so you can pit stop or keep on going
6. Yosemite - I assume you've been there since you life in the SFBA but if you haven't been there in a while it's a great place

Pick from these and there are others - it all depends on what you want to see and how much time you have. It could be a trip of a lifetime depending on your interests.

Here's a link:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Okl...7f076adff!2m2!1d-122.4194155!2d37.7749295!3e0

Enjoy!

I really appreciate your help with this. Utah was unbelievably beautiful. I am going to plan another trip there because I didn't spend enough time at each park.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Utah is one of the most beautiful states in these incredible 50 states of America. Imagine how few Americans ever get to see it.