Tires Rubbing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after a long drive, I turn into a parking spot and my tires rub on something under my truck. Anyone else had this?

OP
OP
Trig

Trig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way, the truck is bone stock with 3500 miles on it, mostly highway.

OP
OP
Trig

Trig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did, and I didn't see anything odd. Funny thing was that the next day it was fine, until I drove it for a few hours again. I couldn't see where it was rubbing (turned the wheel all the way and got out and looked) but if I had to guess, it was rubbing the plastic lining the wheel well.

Frivol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey check to make sure your inner fenders didnt pop off the rivits. Mine did that and wore down a nice section to where it doesnt rub anymore.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Driving it for a few hours = hot shocks = lower ride height? Total guess on my part there...

Maybe try measuring pavement to fender flair height in the morning, then again after driving for a few hours. If its lower, there ya go. I'd take that baby back to the dealer and have them check the shocks and their oil level(s).

OP
OP
Trig

Trig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the inputs. It'll definitely be going back to the dealer. I paid too dang much for it not to be perfect under normal conditions.

LvRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you should start this thread. I just took my truck from vegas to manhatten beach this week and the same thing happened to me. After about four hours of driving I stopped for some food and pulled into a parking lot. While pulling into a space I heard the tires rubbing what sounded like the inner fenders. I got out didn't see anything wrong and locked the wheel out on both sides but could not duplicate the problem. It went away while doing in town driving over the week, but did it again yesterday when I drove back to vegas! Im stumped

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did, and I didn't see anything odd. Funny thing was that the next day it was fine, until I drove it for a few hours again. I couldn't see where it was rubbing (turned the wheel all the way and got out and looked) but if I had to guess, it waus rubbing the plastic lining the wheel well.

That is all it is. I used a black zip tie ran it through a hole cut it then no more problem.