6.2 TIRED OF DRONE (No More Roush in my Life!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was unhappy with the roush until I welded the stock resonator back in....quite a bit better now as you have read. I would try to grab someone's resonator on here, or purchase a cheaper resonator (in the past I have used vibrant resonators with good luck) and install it..I have to believe you should be able to do it for quite a bit less than 300....they charged me 25 bucks to weld my resonator back in line.

Silnus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adding a resonator will knock out 90% of the drone, and make the truck a little more quiet all together. Id recommend just buying a new muffler. Look into buy a muffler with variable valve control inside the chamber. Quiet when cruising, loud when you stomp it.

Dynomax® Performance Exhaust | Mufflers | Dynomax VT™ Muffler

^ This would be perfect for you, and probably what I would run if I had a Raptor.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Research MRT did shows the resonator significantly helps drone, and does not affect performance.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes I have heard of Solo great product, I drove a 2013 Challenger srt8 with the Solo exhaust, nice and loud on the outside quiet with no drone on the inside. Last I looked they did not have a system for the Raptor.
My Magnaflow is quiet until you romp on it and then it gets loud but with no drone, that catback system was under $500.00 and easy enough to install myself.

OP
OP
liqinwei26

liqinwei26

Reaction score
My 18" Magnaflow muffler on my Titan drones like a son of a gun.

sorry to hear that! thats exactly what I am worrying about right.. I am afraid that if I add a resonator or change muffler, the drone still exists

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Call the guys at MRT with the RPM range that you get the drone, they might be able to help. They are also designing a new system that did an awesome job of eliminated drone.

Let me know and I can get you their number and contact info
please, that would be great!

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

I was unhappy with the roush until I welded the stock resonator back in....quite a bit better now as you have read. I would try to grab someone's resonator on here, or purchase a cheaper resonator (in the past I have used vibrant resonators with good luck) and install it..I have to believe you should be able to do it for quite a bit less than 300....they charged me 25 bucks to weld my resonator back in line.

do you have any video that I can take a look at?

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Yes I have heard of Solo great product, I drove a 2013 Challenger srt8 with the Solo exhaust, nice and loud on the outside quiet with no drone on the inside. Last I looked they did not have a system for the Raptor.
My Magnaflow is quiet until you romp on it and then it gets loud but with no drone, that catback system was under $500.00 and easy enough to install myself.

Yeah, they did not make a exhaust kit, but I heard that by adding a resonator(Solo Performance QR series resonator) will reduce the drone. But they said just REDUCE not ELIMINATE it. so I am worrying that if I get one installed but drone is still there.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear that! thats exactly what I am worrying about right.. I am afraid that if I add a resonator or change muffler, the drone still exists

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

please, that would be great!

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

do you have any video that I can take a look at?

Sorry I don't at this point and I'm traveling for the near future. Best way I can explain with the resonator installed is the same overall tone and aggression, just toned down say.... 20 percent with a nice decrease in drone.

OP
OP
liqinwei26

liqinwei26

Reaction score
Adding a resonator will knock out 90% of the drone, and make the truck a little more quiet all together. Id recommend just buying a new muffler. Look into buy a muffler with variable valve control inside the chamber. Quiet when cruising, loud when you stomp it.

Dynomax® Performance Exhaust | Mufflers | Dynomax VT™ Muffler

^ This would be perfect for you, and probably what I would run if I had a Raptor.

thanks for your advice! I did some google research, and there are many people complaining about the spring inside the Dynomax VT muffler, so I am a little bit afrad...

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From what I understand about the Solo its the J pipe that eliminates the drone and they are specific length for whatever vehicle it goes on.
1full.jpg

OP
OP
liqinwei26

liqinwei26

Reaction score
From what I understand about the Solo its the J pipe that eliminates the drone and they are specific length for whatever vehicle it goes on.
1full.jpg

I see.. so not the resonator does the work then? if I add a resonator it will only help reduce the drone, unless i have a j-pipe, otherwise there is still some drone there?

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I left my Roush at 10,000 feet and now have a $60 turn down. You thought the Roush has drone!!! I think the most cost effective solution would be to add the resonator back.