GEN 2 Tire options for Gen2 17-18 real beadlocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattyz99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following

I’m also interested in how the Mickey Thompson ATZ perform off-road for you,

How are they so far on the street compared to stock KO2? Handeling, road noise, vibrations? Do you have anymore up close pictures of how that sidewall looks

OP
OP
Frank N

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Following

I’m also interested in how the Mickey Thompson ATZ perform off-road for you,

How are they so far on the street compared to stock KO2? Handeling, road noise, vibrations? Do you have anymore up close pictures of how that sidewall looks
They are D and a feels little stiffer/stable in the turns which I like. More road noise but I think I notice it because I am listening for it Otherwise to me it’s nothing - And I can’t hear it with the radio on.And dry traction, well I can’t spin the tires from a dead stop anymore like my getting worn KO2..feels planted driving.

Wet is TBD. Lots of things to go through before My final opinion on them is made.

2CFF73D6-44E6-496E-B532-4FEC543266E2.jpeg

38E4F673-1DDB-4658-84C8-560C10044825.jpeg

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far, how are they with holding and than flying rocks out of the tread? The ko2's love flinging rocks all over.

OP
OP
Frank N

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So update on these tires after an OBX trip, no issues in the sand, including running up some dunes that were piles of sugar. (aired down to 18)

Got caught in a crazy thunderstorm (water spouts were trying to form in the Pamlico type crazy) held the road great, including hitting some serious puddles at 45-50 mph on the side of the road, truck stayed on track, even though the passenger side probably was hitting 6-8" of water.

On the way home, hit steady rain, no issues with wet traction 70-75mph.