Thoughts on 2019 shocks after offroading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Spent a full day offroading at Texplex yesterday; did 5 laps myself and rode in 4 separate trucks, one of which was a buddy's 2019.

The live valve shocks definitely make a difference - they really smooth out the minor chop, even more than they do on road, and I could tell they were working to keep the truck more level around the turns. The Recaros definitely hold you better than the leather seats, and are only slightly less comfortable (IMO). Finally, the exhaust note is definitely (if not subtly) deeper on the 2019s - noticed it on the one I test drove as well as @Keller Steeler's truck.

Still processing a lot of the video, but if you want to see what the track was like, here's one of my faster laps from the day. The uncut portions of the track (starting at 3:42 and 7:00) were where I noticed the most difference. The shocks didn't make a perceptible change on hard impacts, such as jumps and big hits.