This prevents the rear link mounts from ripping off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NatG

Reaction score
i decided to get a axle gusset kit installed to prevent failure to the rear link mounts from ripping off or cracking (i've seen cracks in the welds on the upper mounts before on other raptors and it's no bueno, especially when you get stranded on the trails with a broken axle mount )

So today the Gen 3 is up on the lift getting the steel gusset pieces welded on so all sides of the factory axle mounts are reinforced, strengthened and secured.
if you abuse your rear suspension links like i have - this kit is totally worth getting IMO. Here's some pics from earlier today of it being install

Screenshot 2023-06-21 150402.png Screenshot 2023-06-21 150435.png Screenshot 2023-06-21 150415.png

Screenshot 2023-06-21 150508.png Screenshot 2023-06-21 150703.png

if anyone is interested in this rear axle gusset kit, let me know and ill post the link

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Nice product. You had this installed on your company truck, but on your dime?

Also, a bit off topic, but do you work for Foutz? Your truck is on their website and that looks like their gusset kit.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What percentage of the raptors you have seen with cracked mounts have aftermarket links? I’m genuinely curious. The only images I’ve seen they happen to be aftermarket. FK uniballs will impart a WAY higher shock load on the mounts compared to a rubberized bushing. I suspect there’s something there.