Third brake light - which one are you guys running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Sorry for digging up an old thread, but i thought it was better than starting a new one. If I ever join one of these offroad events where the lights are needed/suggested, do they need to be mounted as high as possible? Or can these amber lights be mounted next to the rear tow hooks down low? Thanks!

View attachment 395725

No, those would be too low for chase lights. You can place them on top of the truck bed. I drilled and installed nutserts on top of the bed before I had the GJ brake light.

20210920_143709.jpg

I believe Swarfworks has a bracket that attaches to the bed hooks.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you don't have a bed cover I found these.

found these too. for those with bed cover.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is GJ the only aftermarket replacement with the 3 red running lights? I just bought a 2012 and the third brake light had been replaced with a smoked LED version that looks good during the day, but the white cargo lights stay on with the running lights. I haven't tried to take it off and check the wiring yet. I assume it's a cheap replacement for a standard F150.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Is GJ the only aftermarket replacement with the 3 red running lights? I just bought a 2012 and the third brake light had been replaced with a smoked LED version that looks good during the day, but the white cargo lights stay on with the running lights. I haven't tried to take it off and check the wiring yet. I assume it's a cheap replacement for a standard F150.

3rd brake light

Idk how the light is but the company is gtg