Thinking it’s time for a Raptor... did they offer the Raptor in dark gray?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomikaze

Reaction score
Tacoma owner for a while now and I see a boat in my future. Time to step up to a full size V8 for towing. Gen 2 is what I really want but wife say my 2 seater summer car has to go away if I plan on dropping $50 large on a truck. So if I lower my budget I get to keep the toy car and afford a Raptor.

Blown away by the resale on Gen1 Raptors. And I thought Tacoma’s held their value?!

So I’m looking for a Gen 1 for around $30,000. Lowest mileage I can find but condition is probably more important than miles. Surfing the interweb nightly. Stumbled across this one today...

https://www.cag513.com/details/used-2011-ford-f-150/73402134

Never seem one in gray before. Repaint? All the door jams seem to match. And I don’t see tape lines around the VIN tag. Did they offer this color some how? My research says it wasn’t available? Any advise on the purchase? Would love to purchase from a forum member. Especially a truck that’s been cared for. Hope to be part of this forum soon.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF!

Raptors do a great job holding value across all generations. I’m going to defer to the detail questions to some qualified Gen1 owners. Of course, for that price, I could be tempted...

Good luck with the search.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, that’s not a standard factory paint color. The only neutrals they offered were 2 different blacks (one with metallic flake and one without), silver, and white. Its a vinyl wrap. If you look at the door jambs they are all silver.

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an old Boxster. Sunk more money into than I’ll ever get out of it. Might as well keep it.

Step 1 get a nice car.

Step 2 get a nice trailer & truck to haul it with.

Only u can decide if step 1 is fully completed... or if u prefer to skip a step.

Or maybe the Raptor is a work truck?

Raptor is a bit overkill to haul a boat & there are many other choices for hauling. But it will bump u up in style points.