Thinking about selling the Raptor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Don't do it Ice

Right now the 2012 Boss 302's are going for Stupid money. MSRP +++
I have delivered 1, and have my last one due in 2 weeks. Drop shipping to a Great Customer in Denver. They are incredible, but you should wait........
GIVE ME A YEAR OR SO, and I will find you a Slightly Used one for much better $$.

Remember your wait and saga, on your Raptor??
Remember your excitment!! :drool:

just sayin,
randy

Last edited:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The man has spoken. I plan on using Randy when I am ready for another purchase!

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The man has spoken. I plan on using Randy when I am ready for another purchase!

Thanks brother!

I feel bad when I have to collect MSRP on a vehicle, BUT MY NAME is not on the front of the building............:shocked:
And if the Owner says I can't sell a limited production Boss for under sticker,
I'm shit out of luck

When I started selling Raptors in 2010 for -$3000 Off MSRP, the owner fought me all the way. Now he understands (I think??)

randy

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As someone who has the Raptor and Boss 302...My 2 Cents:

My 302 is currently my DD. It is not very friendly as a DD. Even with the suspension on 2, it is a stiff ride. The Raptor exceeds it in comfort in every way. I would rather drive my Raptor around than the 302 on a daily basis (if I would quit breaking it). Plus think of this, the 302 is going to suck in the winter. Your Raptor will run circles around it. Also, the red key tune isn't out yet for the Boss 302 anyways. Might as well wait.

Raptor girl

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Don't do it!! Wait until you can have both.
The Raptor is the best of both worlds. My hubby calls it my 4-wheel drive Mustang.
Has your wife driven the Raptor, maybe she should keep it and forget about the Denali.

OP
OP
iceman302

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
You guys all make excellent points. Rick, I'm glad to hear from you on the subject since you've clearly got the most accurate perspective here.

Randy, I'm thinking that waiting for a bit is good advice.

I really appreciate all the feedback and you guys are right. The Raptor is a far better daily driver... more comfortable, more broadly capable, more practical.

I believe you guys have convinced me to keep the Raptor for now. Maybe I'll go buy a Terminator to get my fast Mustang fix until the Fastback is done.:waytogo:

OP
OP
iceman302

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
Sorry iceman, but you've become too valuable around here and you're forbidden to sell your Raptor. Looks like you're just gonna have to make more money somehow. Turn tricks, walk into your boss's office in a negligé, do what you gotta do..... But the Raptor stays. ;)

Ben, you had me at "neglige". Wait. That didn't sound right.:ROFLJest:

Jhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the only Mustang i would trade my Raptor for would be the laguna seca 302. As far as performance goes, I see it as the on road version of the Raptor

ford_mustang_boss_302_grabber_blue_images_main.jpg

Too bad grabber blue was only available for this special Barret Jackson laguna

OP
OP
iceman302

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
I think the only Mustang i would trade my Raptor for would be the laguna seca 302. As far as performance goes, I see it as the on road version of the Raptor

ford_mustang_boss_302_grabber_blue_images_main.jpg

Too bad grabber blue was only available for this special Barret Jackson laguna

The look is too busy and the performance increase isn't enough to justify the major price increase. Plus, you lose the back seat.

OP
OP
iceman302

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
Don't do it!! Wait until you can have both.
The Raptor is the best of both worlds. My hubby calls it my 4-wheel drive Mustang.
Has your wife driven the Raptor, maybe she should keep it and forget about the Denali.

My wife loves the Raptor... in small doses. She's 5'1" and lugging the kids in and out of the truck gets old. She also thinks it's a nuisance to park. Believe me, I've tried that tact already. The Denali would be the best option.