Thinking about selling the Raptor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
I am ******* after a Boss 302 in the worst possible way. While I certainly could pull off both, it would require sacrifices I'm unwilling to make (parting with my Fastback). Keeping both (and my classic Mustangs) would probably be the end of my marriage too.:ROFLJest:

I know exactly the biased audience that I'm introducing this topic to so I know which way this will lean. My wife is not much help. She's an enabler to my automotive ADD. Talk me out of it.

2012_mustang_boss_302.jpg

Last edited:

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be hard to take many long trips in that. And what would you do for offroading?
I say keep the rap and put the extra money into the fastback or send your truck to Whipple for them to test there new product.

408RCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am ******* after a Boss 302 in the worst possible way. While I certainly could pull off both, it would require sacrifices I'm unwilling to make (parting with my Fastback). Keeping both (and my classic Mustangs) would probably be the end of my marriage too.:ROFLJest:

I know exactly the biased audience that I'm introducing this topic to so I know which way this will lean. My wife is not much help. She's an enabler to my automotive ADD. Talk me out of it.

http://onsurga.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/2012-Mustang-Boss-302-White.jpg

Well, do you wanna have all ponies? What if you need a truck for somthing? then you'll be outta luck :shrug: and not only is it a truck, but its the baddest truck EVER made! :waytogo: But ultimately its up to you, one way or the other you'll have a badass vehicle!! So whatcha think? :think:

OP
OP
iceman302

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
Be hard to take many long trips in that. And what would you do for offroading?
I say keep the rap and put the extra money into the fastback or send your truck to Whipple for them to test there new product.

I don't do much offroading. There are very few places nearby where I can do that. The truck sees much more time towing than offroad.

And the Fastback is a monster money pit already.:waytogo:

OP
OP
iceman302

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
Well, do you wanna have all ponies? What if you need a truck for somthing? then you'll be outta luck :shrug: and not only is it a truck, but its the baddest truck EVER made! :waytogo: But ultimately its up to you, one way or the other you'll have a badass vehicle!! So whatcha think? :think:

Too early to tell. I might just put it on Auto Trader and see what happens. If I need a truck, my in-laws are about 5 minutes away. I can also borrow my dad's truck. Plus, I've got good friends in the neighborhood who would happily trade their Ram or Tundra for a Boss 302 for a day. My wife wants a Yukon Denali and that would be handling towing duty.

Last edited:

408RCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To early to tell. I might just put it on Auto Trader and see what happens. If I need a truck, my in-laws are about 5 minutes away. I can also borrow my dad's truck. Plus, I've got good friends in the neighborhood who would happily trade their Ram or Tundra for a Boss 302 for a day. My wife wants a Yukon Denali and that would be handling towing duty.

Shit... **** it then go get a boss, hoss! :waytogo:
You'll have a whole corral fulla powerful ponies!! :drool:

OP
OP
iceman302

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
I would keep the truck, and just dump more into the fastback and make her your Eleanor!Eleanor.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the Eleanors. They been done and overdone. They are too busy for me. My '65 will have stock body lines, besides the cowl hood to clear the 427" Windsor underneath (with a little nitrous).:signs6:

The Fastback is already a "cut no corners" build.

408RCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now we're on the same page. I've had Mustangs since I was 17. They're kinda like a drug. And the Boss 302 is the baddest acid trip ever to come out of Dearborn!

Hell yeah, I have a family fulla mustangs (brother sister dad uncle aunt grandparents) so I know al about it :waytogo: I say go for the boss, hoss! :drool: