Thinking about going from GT350 to a raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mille_ed

Reaction score
I currently daily a grabber blue 17 GT350 and love it. However, it's a pta to drop off my daughter at kindergarten every day.

Considering trading it in for a raptor. I've never traded a car in, always done private party. Do you guys think it's worth it to give the dealer a shot for the trade in? Can anyone recommend a dealer in socal?

Not picky on year model. Could even go used if a low mile pops up.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I currently daily a grabber blue 17 GT350 and love it. However, it's a pta to drop off my daughter at kindergarten every day.

Considering trading it in for a raptor. I've never traded a car in, always done private party. Do you guys think it's worth it to give the dealer a shot for the trade in? Can anyone recommend a dealer in socal?

Some of the limited production vehicles like GT350's or Raptors tend to trade a little better than their basic counterparts but it's usually never as good as private party.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

See what the dealers offering. But remember to do better you have to do the dealer offer plus the tax savings

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
you'll be really happy with the switch. ( at least i was).

I kept my gt350 for a couple months after I got my raptor. I didn't drive it once after I had the truck. (and now the raptor has gotten so radical that I tend to daily my super duty most days)

id honestly weigh the difference in the private party + full tax rate vs trade-in through a dealer and the tax delta. if the dollar amount isn't worth the hassle of dealing with broke *****, tire kickers and hagglers, just trade it.

I'd still poke the dealer to "meet you halfway" or some such. New car sales, including truck sales, are WAYYYYYY down. There is an excess on dealer lots for sure. you can make whatever deal happen if you're a tad patient.

Reaction score
I traded in my daily 2017 Shadow Black Gt350 with 15k miles for $48,500 for a new Raptor to daily and it was hands down the best decision I have ever made. Raptor still feels as special as the GT350 and you get plenty of more room, less headaches, etc. I think you’re headed in the right direction. Good luck.

OP
OP
M

Mille_ed

Reaction score
I traded in my daily 2017 Shadow Black Gt350 with 15k miles for $48,500 for a new Raptor to daily and it was hands down the best decision I have ever made. Raptor still feels as special as the GT350 and you get plenty of more room, less headaches, etc. I think you’re headed in the right direction. Good luck.

That sounds awesome. What dealer did you work with and when did you do the switch? I might be calling them up!

OP
OP
M

Mille_ed

Reaction score
you'll be really happy with the switch. ( at least i was).

I kept my gt350 for a couple months after I got my raptor. I didn't drive it once after I had the truck. (and now the raptor has gotten so radical that I tend to daily my super duty most days)

id honestly weigh the difference in the private party + full tax rate vs trade-in through a dealer and the tax delta. if the dollar amount isn't worth the hassle of dealing with broke *****, tire kickers and hagglers, just trade it.

I'd still poke the dealer to "meet you halfway" or some such. New car sales, including truck sales, are WAYYYYYY down. There is an excess on dealer lots for sure. you can make whatever deal happen if you're a tad patient.

I just looked into the trade-in tax. Sounds great except for the fact that I live in California and they are one of the 5 states that don't do it. This state sucks..

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless the dealer is really giving you a killer deal,I'd sell private...might not be as easy and sometimes a hassle...but I was going to trade my Tacoma 4x4 for a new one...Dealer offered $15K (Kelly was $18K and up to $24K private....Went to another dealer..they offered $14.7K....OK,screw you guys....listed it on CL and 2nd person bought it ... $22.5K!! So I took the $22.5K added lots of $$ and went and bought a Raptor...
THANK YOU TOYOTA DEALERS..!!