Things to look for on a test drive - Used 2017 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gr8scott_o

gr8scott_o

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice!! Great find! Congrats
Thanks!

Great help from all, made this an easy experience.

Drive home was great, now I've got to learn what all the buttons do and what all the features are. I've been living in the stone age for so long with the Rubicon, this thing feels like a spaceship.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks!

Great help from all, made this an easy experience.

Drive home was great, now I've got to learn what all the buttons do and what all the features are. I've been living in the stone age for so long with the Rubicon, this thing feels like a spaceship.
Time to change your avatar too then, out with the old, ha ha.

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
IWE valve=like 30 bucks. just replace it
rattle sound on start up= so that is the cam phaser. eh, I remote start mine 99% of the time so never hear it anyway. And the last thing I ever want to do is bring any vehicle to a shop for service if at all possible. hahaha

bro you are lucky. Selling a car i'd put a price, give you the details, and that is it. nitpicky **** is not allowed. take it or leave it

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shocks will normally leak where the polished shaft goes inside the body of the shock. Look at the inside of the shock from underneath the truck, looking outward, dealers don't detail properly like some of us with OCD.
One thing to look for on the rear shocks (on older trucks) is for White Lithium Grease on the upper & lower bushings which was sprayed on in a desperate attempt to get rid of the squeaking sound from the blown out shock.