The Yeti in a blizzard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We only got about 6" here, but it was a solid sheet of ice underneath. I had a blast this morning driving around the development where the roads were still unplowed. Had some fun in 2wd most of the time, the truck was facing one way or another with the truck moving a different direction of where it was pointed lol. Had to keep speeds low with the ice underneath, but it was more fun in that it was very slippery so very easy to pitch the truck around, but the snow would slow you down enough that you wouldn't have to worry about ending up in someones yard lol.

Banned
Reaction score
nice man, ill have to watch the video when i get home so i have sound.

and its so true about slower is better, unless its hella deep. need that momentum.

pull anyone outta the ditch?

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raptor survives.

Our parking lot hadn't been plowed at all, roughly 3ft of snow drift...

Drove through without hesitation and did not get stuck. Check these pictures out....

Only person on campus to make it out last night.

dyhy9apa.jpg

ygy4equv.jpg

uhegu3ag.jpg

Last edited:

Off Road WannaBe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive truck for a living and was coming home through our storm up here in new brunswick Sunday morning at 3am and seen a guy with a dodge Dakota slid off the highway 2mins from the office..and thought to myself if he is still there when I'm driving back by to my house in the raptor ill stop and pull him out..well by the time I was coming back he had a jetta trying to pull him out so I stopped said ill pull ya out....hooked up the strap lined up through it in reverse tightened up the slack and gently started pulling...The front bit right down the back hopped a bit. iv got no weight back there(its on the ToDo list) but pulled him out effortlessly I was pretty happy with my little 5.4

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting about the Torsen... I used to experience this with a CJ2A i owned back in the day.... when it was in 4H/4L with the hubs locked, it was very sensitive to camber changes in the terrain, and on the crown on a snowy road, you could pretty much let it drive itself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DehydratedSurfer

Latest posts