The V6 Ford Raptor Outsold The Original V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love both I just prefer my gen 2 for everyday practicality/fun/safety (auto wipers auto headlights etc) especially since tuning it. The power delivery is amazing

While it’s quick, but maybe not the fastest. The power delivery doesn’t disappoint. It just feels like it’s ready to give you all it had at anytime you ask without effort. It’s just feels good!

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 1 2010 thru 2014 5 years
Gen 2 2017 thru 2020 4 years

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I actually prefer driving my gen 1 over my Son's old Ranger.

BFD, where's the surprise, new tech is virtually always nicer.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s been a subjective term. But seems they have used 6000 series for the most part.

It's a marketing term.
Would "military grade aluminum" be the alloy they use for the skins of USAF F-22 and F-35 fighter jets, the aluminum used for the armor on Army M-2 and M-3 Bradley Fighting Vehicles, or the aluminum they use for the superstructures of Navy frigates and destroyers? And alloy aside, how and to what temperature is the metal tempered?
"Military grade aluminum" is meaningless.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a marketing term.
Would "military grade aluminum" be the alloy they use for the skins of USAF F-22 and F-35 fighter jets, the aluminum used for the armor on Army M-2 and M-3 Bradley Fighting Vehicles, or the aluminum they use for the superstructures of Navy frigates and destroyers? And alloy aside, how and to what temperature is the metal tempered?
"Military grade aluminum" is meaningless.

Yes exactly true. It would be hard to sell a truck let’s say made out of 7075 for what they do now. Not to mention it’s not as easy to work with. The term sounds great though in a commercial.