The SnoBall-2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
And you should think of the consequences of pushing someone faster than they are comfortable with. We've had alot of time to think about it and i know someone else having those same thoughts right now.
Attitude goes a long way in a team event and yours sucks right now. If that is what lead needed to do, fine then more opportunity for the front of the pack to play out get to know eachother, but apparently you don't see it that way which makes me sad for you

bradsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You didn't spend time in Yeti, all you are basing your comments on is what you hear from Dan. You can feel sad for me, but we made some great friends in our group and had a great time socializing (we had plenty of time to do it as we were passed by every group). We never got to lead or cut new trails because we were always being passed. You don't even know me, so you basing comments about my attitude based solely on one comment makes me sad for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately you are a part of a group and as a group you need to be a team. Some are not comfortable driving fast and nothing wrong with them running in the back. The chase is just that a chase not there for running crazy but there for support and to help others. Chase can suck but ive been there many times and you got to eat the good and the bad. I know I wasnt in your group and didnt see what all happened. The good thing about having to wait for the guy behind you at turns is its wide open for you to have a blast. That happened sometimes in B group and ya just roll with it.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
You're right brad, we don't know eachother, i do however know all of your support trucks and i know how to organize a group and a run.... All I'm saying at this point is to lay off Dan. The run is over and the attitude you are putting out there for people to perceive its not helping.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The pace and the frequent regrouping didn't bother me any more than Lead's Lowrance causing all the wrong turns & turn arounds. (After seeing the performance of his, there is NO way I would consider one over our iPad/MotionX/GPS setup).

What bothered me was when any other group caught us, they got a fly-by every time. Yeti had the slot-car track the entire time. My winch never got used, because following the ruts really isn't that tough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Wilson, the video that dan quoted, where was that, i find it odd that there was no talking....

Seriously.

A lot of people sounded like children with new Walkie Talkies. We had to turn off the radio several times (especially when joined up with other groups - maybe when combining groups it might make sense to have lead & chase trucks monitor both channels but keep the groups on their own channels).

Really don't want to sound negative. We had a blast at the run & will be really trying to be sure we get a spot next year!

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Seriously.

A lot of people sounded like children with new Walkie Talkies. We had to turn off the radio several times (especially when joined up with other groups - maybe when combining groups it might make sense to have lead & chase trucks monitor both channels but keep the groups on their own channels).

Really don't want to sound negative. We had a blast at the run & will be really trying to be sure we get a spot next year!

If you are talking about when you were on our channel and someone was playing songs, we totally think that was someone in your group as it never once happened before that or after it. We discussed it later with the leads and chases, yours thought it was us and we thought it was you, so unless someone wants to step forward and admit that one its going to be one of lifes mysteries. It was annoying.

If you watch Wilson's videos delta did have alot of coms, honestly it didn't feel like it at the time and was in no way a hindrance. I monitored the stations of the group in front of and behind us which was why I came across on your station a couple times that first morning.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The chatter increased later on, after Day 1. One person talked so much that my codriver automatically muted when we heard his voice.

I wasn't thinking of a time with your group.

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
I was in Yeti group; truck #48 (white SCREW). We had an absolute blast... big thanks to Mark, Roger, and later, Donk for filling the leadership spots. I was actually very impressed by our group's overall performance and professionalism.

The frequent stops really weren't a bother. I will say that any group members who want to drive a bit slower should willingly place themselves in the rear of the pack so as not to dampen the enjoyment of others (which is what started happening towards the end).

Like others said, it would have been nice to blaze some trail, but our opportunities for that were lost from multiple mechanical issues when it was our turn to lead, not slow driving. We constantly caught and/or passed other groups all weekend, so I never felt like we were slow.

Overall, everyone there was great, and I'm glad we got to meet some awesome people in Yeti. See you all at the next event!

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I was chase in yeti and I understand the fact of safety and keeping the group "together".
Keeping people in there comfort level of driving is what it should be but being in your comfort level and exceeding that is another.
Let's just say having over a 3 mile gap and moving at a speed of 3 mph is overly cautious especially on a clear lightly dusted "straight" trail.
This is when you should be making up ground.
Worst part was I was loosing communication with lead.
Brad I'm with you and there are a few others that understand what happened and the smoke that Dan is putting over everyone's eyes.
I'm tired of sitting back and listening to the crap that's being tossed out.
The enjoyment of the event is gone when someone decides to do whatever the hell he pleases hence the reason why everyone passed him and left him for me.
Nobody but me and Donk knew of these conditions except for Troy who was on my ass until he finally gave up and just stopped.
There is acceptable speeds and then there is unacceptable speeds.
Will this get me booted from being a support driver of GLRE? Probably.
But that's just life and I'm tired of being quite.

Good day! Rant off....