The SnoBall-2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
some of the worst mileage was with the premium but that was the last and on the way home you always drive faster. on the way out got about 17 e-30 way home about 15 premium.
-CmI9_-0Avr9nj62jZjKxvB6zjo5Nx6lagI=w316-h177-p-no.jpg
IMG_20140115_153542559.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

7EwTLDA4fVRkz49SutKxkQnprrzERAfcyf8=w316-h178-p-no.gif

Edit: to put this in I always slow boat.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/...lbums/5972174943421269553/5972174943970318562

Liked the video! Evidence there were more than one turtles playing in the snow. Too bad we didn't travel in a bale.

"A group of turtles may be referred to as a bale, bevy, dule, jigbee, nest or a turn."

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lucky this wasn't the situation last Friday! Guess I won't be making the trip south for Sno Drift.

Weather like this is the reason I own my truck. I know I'll make it through anything Old Man Winter blows my way. Yes, it's fun to play in the snow but my daily commute can be quite challenging!

Mackinac Bridge closed : News : UpperMichigansSource.com

Crews respond to 20-vehicle crash on US-2 : News : UpperMichigansSource.com

Stretch of US-2 closed due to white-out conditions : News : UpperMichigansSource.com

I had to wait 4 hours at the bridge 5 or 6 years ago. I was going to snowdrift on sat but may ski instead Nubs is going to get 5-8" tonight. I did not get to meet you at Snoball it would have been nice to have another Raptor at the rally to hang with.

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I had to wait 4 hours at the bridge 5 or 6 years ago. I was going to snowdrift on sat but may ski instead Nubs is going to get 5-8" tonight. I did not get to meet you at Snoball it would have been nice to have another Raptor at the rally to hang with.

MTUH3 is going to Sno Drift...I think he's volunteering/working it.

pjaus2002

Reaction score
Liked the video! Evidence there were more than one turtles playing in the snow. Too bad we didn't travel in a bale.

"A group of turtles may be referred to as a bale, bevy, dule, jigbee, nest or a turn."

Yeah...too bad you didn't travel in a bale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah...too bad you didn't travel in a bale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt I'm seconding those thoughts. Without saying "too much" to avoid offending "anyone specific", perhaps the

This is not a race we will stay together as a pack and work as a team to insure everyone makes it to each destination.

wording should be rethought depending on which group your in. Maybe my use of the wording "group" should also be rethought? I was thinking "nest"?

(Multiple Rabbits - A colony, warren, nest, herd (domestic only), litter (young); specific to hares...A down, husk)

Turtles always finish :emotions33: , it wasn't my first (quote) race (unquote)...

I think those of us in Yeti did, until the last leg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol must of been pretty speedy turtles to continuously catch every other group, regardless of the implications that were/are made.

Even though I dislike upsetting anyone (the majority of my past quotes reflect that) I'm sure even the mention of these thoughts "are" stepping on toes, hopefully no one specific enough for anyone to tell online. However, I feel considering these ideas were shared by my "multiple" co-drivers I'm justified to make these comments.

...Sry y'all. Hope I can share my cheerful presence with fellow raptor owners who enjoy my company next year.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Dan, you are welcome in delta next year, just be prepared for mustache rides written on your tailgate.

For the rest of you and your "harmless" teasing, some jokes get old real quick....

It was not a fricken race and Jason told every group not to speed, we really didn't as we take those kinds of instruction to heart.. and our group had a great time and stayed together just fine.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Wilson, the video that dan quoted, where was that, i find it odd that there was no talking....lol

And i want to make it clear that nobody in our group slowed us down or inconvenienced us at any time. People drove how they were comfortable and took care of the guy in front and behind them, hell even our split up yielded a solid team of 5 trucks with a lead, mid, and chase.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cullen and I had a truly AWESOME time at the event! I did have a mishap breaking a tire loose from the rim once, but Charlie group stepped up and had it changed extremely fast. I barely had time to get out of the bed of the truck when getting the spare out...lol We can't wait to get out there and do it again!

That's because you had Jeff B. in your group. They are a pit crew no doubt. Same thing at Havoc in the hills. I never left the bed of my truck. Lol...

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hear is my take on the signal line it's not a race. Any one out front could drive away from the back of the group. The lead truck breaks and down the line by the time the last truck is threw that spot guess what your a mile out. Then it's catch up if if if if IF the lead dose not wait at stops or confusing intersections. That is a good spot to wait. Playing catch up is where you start pushing your self beyond your comfort level.

This is meant to be good ideas and a thought for the next runs keep it fun and realize.
I had a blast with Delta, but I knew how they ran before so I knew I was in good hands. It's also a trust thing you have to use your own head but you need to have trust in your lead. Thanks again.

bradsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeti didn't speed either, however some would debate if single digit speeds on graded roads was overly cautious. There were points when Dan caused the chase truck to be over a mile back, which in turn caused the lead truck to stop and regroup all weekend. I'm all for "staying together as a group", but if you really want to drive "that" much slower than the rest of your group, you should think about how it effects others experiences and seek a solution as to minimize your effect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk