The SnoBall-2014 - Pictures and Video thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stickman89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8ugy5ete.jpg

zanuhe7a.jpg

evyjytyz.jpg

e9uputeg.jpg

a3e5ydu3.jpg

e3yhu5yz.jpg

urunuhyg.jpg
uvube7yt.jpg

unysynut.jpg

Molten Orange from NW Indiana

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are stock tires getting through that?
Those 3 videos are pretty awesome, just plowed right through.

Stock tires and mid preach followed through that water and out the other side. It was awesome. I was the last truck before the chase to cross and head out that snow.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Some of the most boring parts of my weekend, lol!

We had a blast!

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I still had the card from the last night in the camera. A couple things about the video:

1) early on when you hit the snowbank, and we nearly got in the ditch - that doesn't look nearly as impressive on the video as it did in the truck!

2) the camera could see a lot better than we could. We noticed it at the time too - if I hadn't been concentrating on MotionX to guide through turns, I would have used the camera to help navigate

3) We're MUCH closer than appears in the video. And watch the stuff going by the road - that was about 60mph. Youtube bumped down the video quality some, so it's not as clear onliine either.

That last leg was one of my favorite parts by far. I had expected boring plowed roads going into that stretch. REALLY want to be sure I can get in next year's run, and maybe not always be in the last group.

2014 Snoball Dustbowl - YouTube

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The gopro videos sure do make things look less dramatic sometimes.

The water crossing looks tame compared to the stories! I wonder if we tried to get all the trucks trough if it would have become impassable at some point.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with the statement of the Gopro. It does look a lot tamer than it was. I think the leads made the right call since the water was freezing as soon as it got to the top. The bank on the other side was getting more and more ice pushed up against it.

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gopro videos sure do make things look less dramatic sometimes.

The water crossing looks tame compared to the stories! I wonder if we tried to get all the trucks trough if it would have become impassable at some point.

It depends where you mount them. Dash video always looks slower than it felt for some reason, but videos closer to the ground seem to do better. A suction cup to the head light works pretty well, but it was so cold and icy I didn't think outside video would work for this trip. Also, being point to point and not track-based there was too much trail between stops to be able to get out of the truck and change gopro batteries often enough.