The Raptor in it’s Natural Habitat…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Hi Sean. I use a Pentax KS2. Most of time I’m shooting with my Pentax 18-85 lens. I will use my 10-17 fisheye for the Slots of Base of a Waterfall if I’m trying to capture the entire image.
I’m strictly an amateur that has picked up a few tips from some brilliant pros.
Many years ago it’s using a Low-End Cannon. I was at Inspiration Point in Yosemite at 0400, trying to catch the Sunrise and the Famous Ansel Adams image featuring El Captain, Bridal Vail Falls and Half Dome.
The only other person there was a Pro from Australia. I could tell “Pro” by his $25k lens and Hasselblad Camera…
I approached him, explained my total lack of knowledge and asked for any advice and embarrassingly, how to use my camera. He was kind enough to interrupt his preparations to show and explain a few things to me.
The biggest thing I learned was to Stop shooting everything on AUTO. He explained AUTO Overexposed every image and gave me Nothing to work with later when trying to “Work” the image.
He then showed me how to use the light settings he told me to take 3 Images of everything that I was trying to capture. One shot at what appeared to be the correct light and then one above it and one below it.
That’s why when I “Over-Post” my images. So many look a like, I loose track of what I’ve already posted and just say Fuxk It and post the same picture 3x lol
I went with PENTAX because it had the best ratings for Holding Up, Outdoors. 98% of what I shoot is Outdoors and I could Never keep the Mirror clean on my Cannon or Nikon
:( So I would always have dust spots etc on the images, even though I did what the Pro’s told me, Camera Off-Camera Body facing Down when changing lenses.
I’ve had much better luck with Pentax’s WR (Weather Resistant) series of Bodies and lenses.

I could have given you the short answer… but I like to hear myself talk
:happy175::happy160::head3:

Sean714

Reaction score
:happy175:. Thanks for the info. I was looking for a better camera then what my iphone provides and will be shooting mostly outdoors as well. I will look into the KS2, thanks again for a starting point on the camera search. It can be a little overwhelming with all the options out there.